I Want One: Hand Baggage Incorporating A Scooter

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

That’s Christmas sorted, then:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MICRO-Luggage-SAMSONITE-SCOOTER-CABIN/dp/B004IU0OZY

MICRO LUGGAGE – SAMSONITE KICKBOARD SCOOTER COMBO.Zurich – New York, there and back. Checking in the evening before is not going to happen. Time is short, just grab new batteries for your mp3 player, and a sandwich and race for the gate. Two simple moves and you’ve converted your case into a kickboard and glide casually past the crowds hurrying in confusion to reach the gate on time. No mistake, you’re the main attraction and you’ve beaten the stress of it all. You then slip your case into the hand luggage compartment on board, easy and simple. A perfect trip thanks to micro luggage. Luggage that moves with you……. A modular luggage system was the vision. The result is a conventional hard shell case with cabin-size-dimensions which can also be used as a means transport, thanks to the running board, handlebars and wheels. The modular structure makes it ideal for use as a rucksack, carry bag, trolley and last but not least, as a kickboard with cabin case.micro luggage is the latest innovation from micro which, in co-operation with Samsonite, has invested 3 years in its development. MICRO LUGGAGE. Weight: 5000g.Max Height: TBC mm.Wheel Dia: Front – 2 x 120mm / 87a. Rear – Bearings: Abec 5 .Colour: Black & Silver .Rider Weight: Maximum 100 Kg .Max Case Capacity: 26 L .Aircraft Conformity: Permitted as Hand Luggage. LET THE BOARD TAKE THE STRAIN

LeTigre
    Participant

I like the idea but it is ruined by several factors:
    -it is very Miranda Hart-esque
    -it weighs 5KG(!!!) before any luggage is put inside (by comparison by similarly sized hand luggage weighs 1.5kg
    -it costs £300, rip off! (why not go on three return Euro Traveller flights?)

samanthah
    Participant

I’m too ashamed to use a scooter in public without looking like my son, why would I use it in an indoor public space? Are we even allowed to use bikes/rollerskates/scooters in airports anyway? Logically it looks like a very interesting invention but when it weighs 5kgs and maybe a telling off from airport staff, I think I’d stick to more orthodox baggage solutions.

Binman62
    Participant

Could not use it at LHR. Too many queues….too many stairs, lifts and escalators….pointless.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls