Hyatt Regency Tokyo Phantom Rooms A Disgrace!

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

frqtrvlrbkk
    Participant

Readers are warned that this hotel has a large number of small phantom rooms which it sells as Hyatt rooms at Hyatt prices but which are “sub-standard” and “unacceptable to the Hyatt Corporation”

When my agent suggested this hotel, I looked at Hyatt’s website to check the rooms. All types are listed with photos and prices, and looked excellent. When I arrived, however, I was allocated a tiny room not listed on the official website and much more suited to a far cheaper Japanese business-type hotel.

I checked at reception about the relative cost of these sub-standard rooms and discovered they are about 10% less than the cost of standard rooms. Only after considerable pressing did other staff inform me that these rooms are sold only to agents and walk-in guests. Then I discovered they are not even part of the hotel’s deal with Hyatt! Apparently “many Japanese like the small rooms” but Hyatt head office “does not allow the hotel owners to include them as part of the deal with Hyatt because they are not up to Hyatt standards”!! (All the above quotes are from a meeting with Mr. Yoshinori Kobayashi, the hotel’s Front Office Manager).

Perhaps Hyatt Corporation will explain to frequent travelers why it permits a hotel owner to sell sub-standard rooms as Hyatt rooms at Hyatt prices it knows are unacceptable for the Hyatt brand! This is a shameful disgrace!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls