How to say “Thank you” to a GM

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

@swiss: I think you missed the inflight magazine spammer threads 🙂

stevescoots
    Participant

@swiss: I think you missed the inflight magazine spammer threads 🙂

simonjames
    Participant

A thankyou with a small tip will do the thing.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Tipping a GM? Not sure…

midorosan
    Participant

In my experience a good review on TripAdvisor with a special mention of staff and treatment received, many GMS love to respond to the reviews good or bad.
    You can always send them an email to make sure they read the review.

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

Having worked in the hotel industry for a number of years there was only ever one occasion where the GM made a point of being at check in between 5.00pm and 7.00pm to welcome guests and he was there between 7.30am and 9.00am to say thank you , goodbye. any problems and see you again. Aside from my hotel experience before and after my time in the industry I have yet to meet a GM in the circumstances described above and at weekends no chance. The hotel described above punched well above its weight for a 3.5 star and the GM’s presence was a major factor. A lesson the big boys could learn but they don’t appear to have.

capetonianm
    Participant

A good and detailed TripAdvisor report is often appreciated. A few weeks after writing a favourable report on one of my preferred hotels, where they’d gone the extra mile and more, I checked in again and they had my report under the glass on the reception desk. The girl asked if it was I who had written it as I had used a pseudonym, and told me how delighted they all were.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls