Hotel Toiletries

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• justloveflying
    Participant

Don’t worry, this is not a thread about if you can/can’t or should/shouldn’t take hotel toiletries with you (you can and you should 🙂

Rather, since covid19, those of you who have stayed in hotels, are you noting that toiletries are sealed with tamper evident seals ?

I am sure there was once a thread on here about the topic.

Makes sense to have tamper proof seals. I can’t stand those refillable dispensers which are not tamper proof.

cwoodward
    Participant

I have not noticed this and certainly they were not sealed in the 2 Asian 5 stare hotels in which I have stayed recently.
    In both cases they were using L’Oiccitane. I have a small bottle of shampoo from the last hotel and it is certainly not tamper sealed.

1 user thanked author for this post.

justloveflying
    Participant

Interesting to hear your feedback cwoodward. It is worrying that even high end hotels are not sealing toiletries. covid19 aside, surely being tamper ready is a hazard ? Anyone could put anything into the mini bottles / containers.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

I’ve noticed that more hotels are now dispensing with the small toiletry bottles and using larger containers fixed to the walls which must be more cost effective for them. The range of items has also diminished. I normally carry my own preferred toiletries except for soap.

3 users thanked author for this post.

justloveflying
    Participant

I am surprised that hotels wouldn’t have tamper proof seals on toiletries.

I guess it will take one disgruntled mad person to put something in a bottle that they shouldn’t and then it will become the norm.

In a post covid world, surely hygiene is the number 1 priority in highly used areas / products ?

Malcolm
    Participant

A problem with the fixed dispensers are that you need to repeatedly pump for a very small volume dispensed. Secondly it’s common that the levels were not checked and on check in the bottle is already empty. The IHG intercontinental shave bone for a really cheap no name brand that smells like nothing. Cost saving again .

TominScotland
    Participant

For me, the main benefits of refillable dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body-wash are environmental, reducing waste and the use of plastic mini-containers which are often not recycled. Sealing bottles is not something that can be done in-house by many hotels so adds to waste and unnecessary cost.

Jey
    Participant

I haven’t ever seen sealed toiletries, not even during lockdown when I stayed at hotels for work. As someone else said, refillable bottles are more environmentally friendly, which is why I like them. I did once find, at a Hilton in Frankfurt, that a guest (presumably, as I doubt housekeeping staff had the time) had very meticulously put a used bar of soap back in the little box – along with a bit of cotton bud – and closed the box neatly. To what end, I don’t know, but it’s made me wary. I spend many nights each year in hotels, and you just never know…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls