Hotel help at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• philsquares
    Participant

My wife and I are traveling to OSL in about a month. Flying BA which departs from Terminal 3 and the departure time is 0730. Generally, if we have an early departure it’s normally is from terminal 5, so, we stay at The Sofitel. There is a Hilton which is between Terminals 2 and 3. I really can’t walk as well as I did years ago (new hips and knees). Has anyone stayed at that Hilton and if so, how far was the walk to Term 3?

Thanks in advance!!

FinnKZ229
    Participant

I used to work at Heathrow (for more than 20 years) and I would estimate it to be a 5 to 10 minute walk at ground level from the Hilton Hotel to Terminal 3, depending on how fast one walks. An alternative route could be to walk across the Terminal 2 Car Park at ground level (across the pedestrian crossings). Take the escalator or lift down to the subways and then take the travellators to Terminal 3. There are lifts at Terminal 3 to take you back up to ground level outside Terminal 3 Departures. This might take a little longer but would have the advantage of less walking!

2 users thanked author for this post.

GeordieTraveller
    Participant

It’s probably a five minute walk, if you head to the station level below the hotel the tunnels have moving walkways which would make the walk easier.

There is a hotel within the arrivals area of terminal 3 which may be easier. It’s the Aerotel london Heathrow Terminal 3.

philsquares
    Participant

Thanks for all the information. The Hilton it is. Being a diamond members, it is the most logical place to stay, within reason.

Thanks!!

JD_84
    Participant

The Hilton Garden Inn at T2/3 is a nice hotel, though it can take an age to check in as there were only 3 check in desks. The Runway bar is good for snacks and cocktails but it’s not cheap.

It’s about a 10 min walk back to T3 Departures, you’ll need to walk back through into T2, then walk through the subway to T3 past the Underground and HEX.

There is still work going on at T3 Search Area, so make sure you leave enough time, even the FastTrack queues have been up to 10 minutes recently at peak times.

KTJ Krug LLC
    Participant

The Hilton Garden Inn located at T2/3 presents a delightful lodging experience, albeit the check-in process may occasionally prove to be time-consuming due to the limited availability of three check-in counters. The Runway bar offers a splendid assortment of delectable treats and sophisticated cocktails, albeit at a higher price point.

Returning to T3 Departures entails a leisurely 10-minute stroll, encompassing a path through T2 and a subway passage leading to T3, where you shall traverse the Underground and HEX stations.

Kindly note that ongoing construction persists in the T3 Search Area, thus it is prudent to allocate ample time for your departure, as even the FastTrack queues have experienced wait times of up to 10 minutes during peak hours.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls