Hong Kong slightly reduces travel restrictions

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• christ
    Participant

From next Wednesday the 0 plus 3 goes away. There are no restrictions as to what you can do when land (if vaccinated). However you still have a pcr test on arrival and day 2 and the daily RAT tests – therefore many see this as not enough! If test positive, you will get a red vaccine pass and so cannot go to restaurants and gyms etc.

Sadly masks for even outdoors remain.

Just changed my flight back to 24 dec to benefit from the changes!

Positive move but not enough to encourage tourists I expect when rest of world mostly has no restrictions.

stevescoots
    Participant

Slightly? its a big change. I have no issue with test on arrival and of course if you are positive you should not go out anyway! I for one am looking forward to getting back into HK friday night after almost 3 years. Yes, masks will still put tourists off but one suspects the flight pricing and capacity would do that anyway but this is a move i did not expect until after CNY.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1294714]Slightly? its a big change. I have no issue with test on arrival and of course if you are positive you should not go out anyway![/quote]

Now we could start an interesting discussion. What should you do if you test positive or have covid?

If it happens in HKG it would mean isolating for 7 days and not being allowed to enter the airport to leave. In the UK, some companies require covid sufferers to attend work, unless genuinely unwell. People have flown for years with colds and flus. I am sure people are still flying about in Europe with colds and just cant be bothered to test.

I do have an issue with test on arrival and any enforcement of testing, and any enforcement of an isolation policy. When I had covid, I still left my home to run everyday (albeit at night) and I felt a lot better for it.

My decision re whether to go to HKG within a week of Christmas – I think it’s still too much of a risk, whilst any restrictions are in place… unless of course I have misread any of the rules.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

[postquote quote=1295248]

There are no checks to enter the airport in Hong Kong for departing passengers. If you had a false-positive and were supposed to be self-isolating at home there’s nothing to actually stop you leaving if you were so minded.

2 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1295248]

Well, i will lift a glass to you in Hk this weekend Martin, assuming i dont test + ! lol

you dont need a covid test to enter the airport so in theory if u test positive you can still just go hop on a flight. the location app is now not required either so unless they pass records who is positive to airlines or immigration i doubt you would get stopped. and when has any govt, even the PRC been that well co-ordinated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls