Hong kong -Singapore travel bubble announced

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

It was announced today in both HK and Singapore that an agreement has been reached between the 2 countries and their airlines to initiate a ‘travel bubble’. As I understand it there are still some practical details to be finalised but flights are confidently expected to commence prior end November.

1 user thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013561][/postquote]

What I understand also is that rather than 14 days SHN in Singapore this has been reduced to 7 days for HKG, does this agreement mean people can now travel freely between the 2 destinations?

cwoodward
    Participant

I believe so…….no quarantine restrictions.
    Below from the HKG official statement:

(a) there are no restrictions on travel purpose;

(b) travellers under the ATB will be subject to mutually recognised COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction tests and would need to have negative test results;

(c) travellers under the ATB will not be subject to any quarantine or Stay-Home Notice requirements, or a controlled itinerary;

(d) travellers under the ATB will be required to travel on dedicated flights, i.e. these flights will only serve ATB travellers and no transit passengers or non-ATB travellers will be allowed on board; and

(e) the ATB can be scaled by adjusting the number of dedicated flights upwards or downwards, or even suspended, in line with the latest developments and COVID-19 situation in the two cities.

Seher Asaf
    Keymaster

Here is a link to a story on the HK-Singapore travel bubble on the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific page – https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/10/15/hong-kong-singapore-agree-to-set-up-travel-bubble/

Stevescoots
    Participant

I wonder if this applies only to residents of each. At the moment nobody without HKID can enter HK apart from some special exceptions such as aircrew. Will HK be adding SIN residents to the list. I then wonder what happens with non SIN residents. SIN and Vn have been talking about a bubble as well, if the HK agreement is not just to residents then i could potentially go to SIN and then into HKG

cwoodward
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013569][/postquote]

As it stands the implication per all official statements and press releases is that if you are actually in ether city then you can travel to the other and return.
    However final detail has not yet been revealed and I would not be at all surprised if this deal becomes for registered residents only. This would be I feel a pity as the potential travellers involved would pose no added risk.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls