Hong Kong Airlines A330-200 (London config.) Club Classic

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

suzi7777
    Participant

I flew out of Hong Kong on 18th June 2012 in Club Classic seat 11D and had a wonderful flight to London Gatwick.

The lounge at HK airport is a little on the small side, but I could easily find somewhere to sit. The aircraft is not parked at an actual finger so one is bused out, not ideal for those with bad backs and heavy cabin trolleys, lugging these up the stairs to the A330.

Once at my seat, a charming flight attendant offered me a pair of slippers and we were all given Bulgari White Tea amenity kits. The service all the way to London was superb with no end of drinks and snacks offered.

The gourmet dinner was excellent as was the breakfast served before landing with a good choice of items too. There is a built in bar at the rear of Club Classic where once can stand and have a drink and snack.
    A great selection of films and music is offered on the inflight entertainment system, comfortable headphones are also given.

I was totally impressed by the cradle style seats, the comfort, the leg room and the fact that I could sleep! Luggage allowance is the best ever, three bags at 32kg each gives 96 kg per person, amazing!

I will without doubt fly Club Classic on Hong Kong Airlines to London again.

stevescoots
    Participant

Is classic the front half of the cabin or the rear half?

I noted that last months the rear half (old style business class) could be had for £1400 rtn LGW-HKG…..now its up above 2 grand!

Moonshine
    Participant

I agree about the excellent food and service, but as an agent, I feel I would be doing my clients a disservice if I sold this as a business class product – more like a fantastic Premium cabin with amazing legspace and superb service. The main reason is that business class on so many airlines is outstanding, therefore in my opinion (and having flown to HKG with them), it is perhaps a little misleading to claim that it is business, even if you do add the word “classic”!
    The £1400 fare was a special, most likely to try fill their half-empty planes, so worth keeping an eye out for, but not the norm….!

Their flatbeds looked exactly as you would expect though, and they offer a limo service as well.

suzi7777
    Participant

Club Clasic is the rear half of the aircraft

IanFromHKG
    Participant

My wife has flown Club Premier but was unimpressed. Marketed as 1-2-1, they are actually staggered to in width terms the same as a 2-4-2 (think BA 747 main deck on a smaller plane!). IFE was very good, she said, but service was very haphazard. Took more than 1.5 hours before food service started. She was too tired by then and just asked for soup, which took 40 minutes to arrive, and was tepid. On the return flight she asked for a coffee, which again took 40 minutes and was also tepid. Presumably in both cases they heated it up, forgot about it, and brought it along after it had got cold again.

Moonshine – you refer to half-empty planes – on her flight to London there were 13 passengers in Club Classic and 3 in Club Premier! that’s 16 passengers and 13 crew – and they still couldn’t get the service sorted out!

She wasn’t hugely impressed, as you can imagine, and given their lack of an alliance (for earning points and status) we are inclined to stick to other carriers. But then with loadings like that, I can’t imagine they will keep the service running for long

brown1950
    Participant

Sorry to advise but Hong Kong Airlines will stop this service from
    Hong Kong to Gatwick next month.

SimonS1
    Participant

No need to be sorry, it was covered in a separate thread yesterday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls