Hilton Honor: more than 100’000 points for 1 free night!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

In Jeddah, the best hotel seems to be the Hilton. I stayed there twice for a week and therefore accumulated some points. BUT was shocked this morning when booking a hotel room with points: more than 100’000 points for 1 night (category 6) next week. Is Hilton doing some yield management on points (i.e. charging more when booking a week ahead)? I’d appreciate the views of the HH experts…

Thanks

batraveller2
    Participant

Standard rates aree 40,000 points. It maybe that only premium rooms are available which are additional points.

Swissdiver
    Participant

“PREMIUM ROOM REWARD; Rate Details: 108,707HHonors Points” for one night

We are talking about a CHF 400 regular room, even available at CHF 364 (advance purchase).

Senator
    Participant

Swissdiver, isn’t this what they call an “enhancement” in loyalty programme language?

I’ve seen these “Premium” awards being displayed if no room redemption is available. Not particularly impressed with it. However, it is similar to some airline schemes that offer guarantee seats for twice the points/miles redemption. It is a poor value, I agree.

What level do you have in HH? If you have Diamond VIP, I would contact the helpdesk as they tend to be able to sort things 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

Am Gold. And this is not a guaranteed room scheme since rooms are available (even at a discount while we are talking about next week)! Anyway, booked at another place…

That said, still eager to understand…

Senator
    Participant

My understanding is that when capacity does not allow a “normal” redemption value room to be offered, these “premium” rooms are made available. I have mostly seen it when rates have been very high for the specific hotel, but never used it.

Henryp1
    Participant

It was until fairly recent that as a Diamond Hhonor you could get a reward room even when nil availability shown by calling the Diamond desk.

But now it seems as though there are more choices at times to get a room by combining cash and points, including a very high point value for near to date bookings.

Henry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls