Hilton garden inn LHR terminal 2

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Ahmad
    Participant

This is the kind of healthy disagreement which makes the Forum unique and extremely useful. One that I benefit from more than I contribute to. Thankfully, things have not turned ugly for a while now. Kudos to the contributors and the management for creating and maintaining a reliable cyberspace not available elsewhere.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Keith
    Participant

I stayed here first few nights it was open. Well I think it was a soft opening with check in system not working snd long lines due to a cancelled flight passengers in line. Lifts out of service Disorganised breakfast. Bizarrely though my worn clothes on floor in wardrobe were put on hangers and or in drawers. Confused the heck out of me trying to decide what was worn and what wasn’t. If I’m looking for best Hilton group value Hilton garden inn at Hatton Cross tube station is excellent for s one night stay Tube to terminals is easy and frequent and a lot cheaper than t4 or t5 Hilton’s

GivingupBA
    Participant

Keith, I agree, the Hatton Cross H. Garden Inn is a good hotel and good value (I stayed there for 2 nights) but with a drawback – hauling any amount of luggage along the road from Hatton Cross tube station to the hotel is a no-no for me.

capetonianm
    Participant

In my view all this ‘branding’ only creates doubt and confusion for the consumer.

I know that there are certain markers, such as price, which might be a guide, but prices vary widely with dynamic pricing by demand, and unless you are either a very frequent user of hotels, or in the industry, it’s a minefield.

In the (good) old days, before sub-branding and spinning off to franchises became so common, the consumer knew pretty much what a hotel name implied. This no longer applies and is one reason why I prefer, where possible, to use small independent hotels. Just as an example, since I mentioned it in another thread, earlier this year we stayed at the NH Airport Hotel in VIE, and found it excellent. Not luxury, but more than adequate for a one night stay, and at a reasonable price.

A couple of years ago I stayed at an NH Hotel in MAD (booked on my behalf by a friend – always a mistake) and it was noisy, dirty, in a bad area, dingy, and uncomfortable. I think it cost more than the one in VIE.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Ahmad – yes, I agree, informed disagreement is one thing, the ugliness of old was terrible. Now that things on the Forum have become less aggressive, I have reappeared, in a tentative way…

3 users thanked author for this post.

Ahmad
    Participant

I am sure others would be glad that you are back even if ‘tentatively’, I certainly am.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Keith
    Participant

Yes GivingupBA If you have luggage the Hilton Garden Inn is s long walk to tube but hopper shuttle calls here. Personally I hate the hopper service. Takes forever I was Remis not to make your point thank you

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=972465][/postquote]

Thanks for the reminder about the Heathrow Hoppa buses – good point (I forgot because personally I hate the Hoppa bus service, and haven’t used it for years).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls