Help with BA?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• MickBettesworth
    Participant

My family made a round trip booking London/Aberdeen. They received an email from BA to say that their return flight was cancelled and they were rebooked onto flight departing at 6am. They have a 20 month and 3 month old so this is extremely difficult for them.
    They have had the run around from BA and can never get through to anyone who may be able to help them. Can anyone let them have an email or telephone number for someone who might be able to assist them?

LaWhore
    Participant

You do not have to accept the suggestion made by BA. Manage My Booking will offer alternative options subject to seat availability.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MickBettesworth
    Participant

Unfortunately they booked car hire with the flights. ( big mistake). This means that the booking is treated as an holiday and no one in ‘flights’ will help. Holidays are too busy to answer their phone and manage my booking is not working either. They have 2 alternatives – junk the return and buy new flights – why should they – they’ve paid once already or try and find someone who will talk to them. 6 an is fine if you are just 2 adults – with 2 children under 2 it is simply not a feasible option. They’ve tried leaving messages, emails, Twitter but no one has come back.
    Incidentally they are moving to Hong Kong in the new year so could become BA twice annual premium cabin customers – they are not impressed!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Keep trying the BA Holidays line at different times of day. I had a situation at beginning of COVID with flights and car. Even at that very busy stage I was able to get through, I remember it was evening, and they rang me back twice to make sure that all was resolved.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

BA have to re-protect to a suitable flight for them – even if the next day / day before and they can also look to rebook EDI or GLA for your family if that is actually more convenient with times. Without knowing details difficult to advise on what options might be available for them.

AspirationalFlyer2
    Participant

Hello
    Worst case scenario, is it not possible to request a voucher and then use that to rebook?

MickBettesworth
    Participant

Update!
    Nothing resolved – Finally got through on Twitter but they have received 3 messages contradicting each other – last one referring them back to the manage my booking website. They’ve spent hours on the phone waiting – this is truly shocking service!
    Does anyone please have a name or a number or even an email address where they might be able to speak/contact a human being who might have the authority to resolve the problem?
    Thank you in advance for any suggestions

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Please see Tim’s comment above.
    Without more details it’s somewhat difficult for people to comment.

As another poster has said, call BA, select the ‘hotel or car’ option and wait.
    All BA numbers are widely available on their website.

Also, a cursory search indicates there are no BA flights from ABZ that leave at 6am.

Airlines are changing / canx flights fairly regularly at the moment.
    Just make a call, be patient, try and be pleasant and you may well get someone at BA on the phone that can help!

Shamsh
    Participant

Sorry for your experiences, but this is BA. Don’t expect any further service, once you‘ve paid. They simply try to get rid of you. I‘ve made the same experience as a gold card holder with a cancelled flight HKG-LHR, nobody available, nobody responsible. I had to buy a new one-way ticket from CX and was finally „rewarded“ with 50.000 avios from BA – nothing else.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1111633]Sorry for your experiences, but this is BA. Don’t expect any further service, once you‘ve paid. They simply try to get rid of you. I‘ve made the same experience as a gold card holder with a cancelled flight HKG-LHR, nobody available, nobody responsible.[/quote]

I decided early this morning to cancel our Avios fuelled return Business class flights to Florida in March and transfer my booking to Tenerife (Business class again) instead, and adding my favourite luxury hotel in the process. I had booked using one of my Companion vouchers, which needed to be transferred over.

I got through within 15 minutes mid-morning and received faultless service from an excellent gentlemen, who did all the necessaries within 15 minutes. And, I received a refund of most of my taxes (for the much shorter flights), a whole barrel of my Avios points returned and a large Avios bonus also.

I am only at Bronze level. Sometimes you do get lucky.

MickBettesworth
    Participant

Finally resolved after a total of 3 hours 45 mins on the phones as suggested.
    They are moving to HongKong in Jan for 3 years – BA have lost premium cabin business – as they will be using Cathay henceforth. ( IMO – Cathay are much better anyway)
    Wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread – your advice was very useful

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls