Heathrow POD parking

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• kullboys12
    Participant

For the second weekend in a row, the POD transfers are off line and transfers to and from terminal 5 are by bus. I got caught by this last weekend with a pre pay, when I made the booking there was no mention on the website. This morning however, there is a warning on the web site.

The POD parking offers a great service at a premium price. I have no issue with that, but I think it is wrong, the car park is allowed to charge full price, when the premium service is not being offered.

To be fair, last weekend I was offered a partial refund. Today, I will use another car park.
    Thanks.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As I reported on a similar thread, I too got stung by Pod parking on a Sunday.

When I complained, a very decent chap (at the time) Zac Ponsford, confirmed via email:

“Good morning,

Thank you for emailing Heathrow Official Parking.

Sorry for any inconvenience the POD’s being down caused you, as the POD’s were down due to unexpected maintenance we are offering £20 back as a gesture of good will, if you are happy to accept that please reply directly to this email. Once I have your response I will go across to the team and request for them to refund you £20.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Zac Ponsford
    Heathrow Official Parking.”

I was asked for a copy of the receipt which I sent and then I got am email about a week later saying,

“Good afternoon,

After investigation and realising you did not pre book and were a drive up customer, and were aware the pods were down when you chose to park, due to these circumstances we are unable to issue the £20 refund.

I apologies for any confusion, however I believed you had pre booked, that is why the partial refund was offered, as it was a drive up we can not issue any refund.

Kind regards,

Zac Ponsford
    Heathrow Official Parking.”

Zac seemed to change the terms of his settlement agreement after it had been sent.

They probably get away with it, because they can..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls