Heathrow in lockdown

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• EasternPedlar
    Participant

It’s 5th November, the first day of the new lockdown. T5 is not particularly busy, and all outlets with the exception of WH Smith, Boots and Pret are shut. No duty free, and no lounges or fast-track. Quite a dismal start to my journey!

I’m wondering what the BA on board meal service is going to be like, and wish I’d packed some food!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Hktbound
    Participant

Please report after your flight as we would like to know?

2 users thanked author for this post.

pheighdough
    Participant

I hear a rumour that Heathrow may revert back to single runway operations during November, and BA’s schedule will only be a small percentage of the usual level of movements during November.

winnre
    Participant

I came here looking for updates, I was in the middle of getting a ticket this morning when AA and BA both ceased Business and First class sales. Called in to reservations (which I hate doing) and they said they are not offering sales in that market area for those classes at this time.

David
    Participant

Excess Baggage Company’s baggage storage, bag wrapping and baggage shipping is also open in arrivals and departures in T2 and T5. They also sell luggage and travel accessories.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1015107][/postquote]

Where were you flying to? What “market area” are you talking about? It seems incredible to me that BA would cease Business and First class sales – would they fly a plane and leave those lucrative cabins empty? I think not.

I then checked the BA website for a Business seat, and a First class seat, from London to New York for November, and December, and January. Both classes were available, in all 3 months. I then checked the BA website for a Business seat, and a First class seat, from London to Hong Kong for November, and December, and January. Both classes were available, in all 3 months. Can I kindly suggest that you correct your information.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

[quote quote=1015023]Please report after your flight as we would like to know?[/quote]

Landed safely at my destination – Delhi. All cabins were in use on my flight. There was no priority boarding at the gate, so I was amongst the last to board as I was seated at the front of the bus.

The food was fine. There was a cold box with two excellent salads, bread etc, and a hot main course. No choice, though- just the one offering, which wasn’t to my taste. Impressively, the stewardess went unasked to find me something more to my liking from one of the rear cabins, so I did get a tasty thai chicken curry for my dinner. Service was willing and pleasant, despite the constraints of masks, visors and PPE. The cheap and flimsy disposable glasses and cutlery didn’t go well with a premium cabin, but then that’s BA I suppose.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls