Heathrow baggage handler strikes planned

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The 72-hour strike action will affect flights operated by 10 major airlines from Heathrow Terminals 2, 3 and 4.

(Air Canada, American Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Air Portugal, Austrian Airlines, Qantas, Egypt Air, Aer Lingus and Finnair.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63832932

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

What a surprise !

3 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Planning a trip to the UK now has become a major headache. We may not need to present COVID vaccination status and a PCR test result, but for the rest you need a slide rule. Baggage/ground handlers, immigration staff, highways agency staff, train drivers & staff, Metroline bus drivers and postal worlers (for those Amazon deliveries). And that is before we factor in the environmental protesters and the risk of powercuts.

I’m hoping that with a visit from 10 to 16 December I will have avoided the worst and found work arounds for the rest, but I’m prepared for almost anything. I grew up in the 1970s though, so powercuts, lack of public transport, and the need for a long fuse are not new.

Provided that the chefs, London cabbies, C of E vicars and panto staff are working normally, we should surivive. I’ll pack some candles just in case though.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls