Heathrow Airport descends into fresh immigration chaos

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 400 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

The more Government tries to ban people talking about the queues, the more they will. I wonder if this thread will be served with a shut down notice and all us posters are now on some special watch list?

The ironic part however, was the Americans “shouting” in frustration. I had to think “good, now you see what it’s like”! Imaging foreigners shouting over there due to queues or trying to storm through. I’m sure we’d be shot!

capetonianm
    Participant

“The more Government tries to ban people talking about the queues, the more they will. “

So much for so-called freedom of speech and the press. What is this? China? Albania? Ceaucescu’s Romania in the 1970’s? Erich Honecker’s German ‘Democratic’ Republic?

The sooner the bunch of clowns that are trying to run the UK are taken out the better, anarchy would almost be preferable.

JonathanM8
    Participant

LoganoPirate, you are so right. I have spent hours standing ‘on line’ in US arrival halls, being barked at to not use phones etc., as we file towards the three or four sullen immigration officers who growl at you. Meanwhile the US folk sail through their own lines at a much faster rate. Miami is a particularly nasty experience

VintageKrug
    Participant

Unsurprisingly I had a good experience at MIA earlier this year, despite a march to the “other” checkpoint of which even the Grand Old Duke of York would have been proud.

Through with no line (but I do walk fast!) and in my car within an hour and a half of landing, which must be a record!

We should remember that lines for non-EU Nationals at many “first world” airports are often routinely longer than seen even in the most recent disruption (though probably rarely meeting the 3+ hours exceptionally reported by some)..

It’s quite clear that these delays at the UK’s border are being engineered by Mark Serwotka’s PCS Union, and the blame for this national embarassment should be put firmly at their feet:

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/news_and_events/news_centre/index.cfm/id/F20389D9-079A-4D56-87A10D8408C2A425

RichHI1
    Participant

I have to say as a frequent UK-US traveller there are still some US airports where CBP still has a way to go. MIA, ORD,DFW and LAX TBIT are all airports/terminals where CBP is shared and when flights bunch the delays can be longer than hoped for.
    That said the US CBP has made great strides in increasing processing speeds and making the welcome courteous and professional.
    What is so disappointing is that as an inverse correlation, the US CBP has improved whilst the UK has declined. The US is aware that foreign visitors both business and vacation are important to the economy and is taking great steps to try and improve the experience which became more arduous after the repercusions of the dreadful events of 9/11.
    What is depressing is that the UK response is for the UK Government to look the other way and for the border Farce and Brian “el Generalisimo” Moore to deny there is a problem, chastise BAA for apologizing for the poor border Farce and try to stop pictures and videos of the chaos coming out.

Binman62
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17896216

This will be interesting!

iflytoomuch
    Participant

VK – yr posts are getting more and more repetitive mate …

The responsibility and accountability for the delays lays firmly at the feet of Brian Moore and the other management of the Border Force. They may not like that , they may or may not have caused it … however a central tenet of management is to take responsibility for things you are responsible for, and fix them and also be held accountable for them.
    Certainly not trying to pretend they are not even occurring , blaming others, trying to censor the news and other silly things.

If they are not up to the job … easy answer… resign … They should just MAN UP .. and get out there on the front line and make things happen …

Now lets see what that dill … Damian Green has to say ….

RichHI1
    Participant

Look forward to seeing what he has to say. I look forwar dwith interest to see if Theresa May turns up to give moral support or hides in the bunker trying to get the hang of this diary thing.

Papillion53
    Participant

Live now @ 1623 on BBC news – Immigration Minister in Commons

ThomasCox
    Participant

Official government line is that the delays at immigration are all down to (wait for it) the weather. Not UKBA (mis)management, not the unions, not even the government. No. The weather. How British.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9236286/Bad-weather-was-responsible-for-immigration-delays-claims-Downing-Street.html

RichHI1
    Participant

Either this man intends to deceive or he is being misled by his civil servants. What a waste of space.

iflytoomuch
    Participant

That really takes the biscuit … what a bunch of bozos you have, sadly masquerading as politicians ….

A long time since I have heard anything as ridiculous … really shows how out of touch these idiots are …. and the extremes in lying they will go to, to cover their backsides …

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Wrong type of rain no doubt 😉

Bucksnet
    Participant

“The Prime Minister’s official spokesman said that heavy rain last week disrupted flight schedules which in turn led to the Border Force facing additional problems”

Another CP clone, and yes Rich he intends to deceive; he is trained to do so. As for civil servants, it’s hard to rise through the ranks unless you have been on the CP ‘training’ courses, AKA brainwashing.

http://www.worldreports.org/news/7_what_next_for_british_brainwashing_offensive

The above article was written over 6 years ago by a retired British Intelligence officer, and the network has spread since then. It is very interesting reading if you have the time.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Just announced on BBC 5 Live, current queue time at T5 is 2.5 hours.

Of course, certain posters got throught in 5 minutes.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 400 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls