Have you considered the difference between travellers using hand luggage only or paying for a bag in hold?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• PeterCoultas
    Participant

MartynS: Qantas economy at least and, until very recentlly, often checked – slightly heavier in business but there are also several others (not LCCs) though they usually only bother with dimensions.

A pain for me on westward flights where I’d usually travel eco as single camera and lenses can add up very fast.

canucklad
    Participant

So to answer David Gordon’s question, about luggage longevity ……..can’t speak for LP, but my answer is pretty straight forward….

1) My posh pals call me a cheapskate, I’ll say that I don’t get suckered by fancy labels
    2) Sporting holdalls are usually robust , and mine is now retro, without being new : )
    3) I travel light, so that might make me lazy !!

I do however draw the line at my mates behaviour, he had an old florescent Castlemaine nylon sports holdall (freebie) that was eventually held together my gaffer tape, strategically sewn on souvenir patches of all the places he had been , finished off with replacement handle ropes….. If nothing else it was a talking point !!

Andrew88
    Participant

I always try to take as less stuff as I can. After loosing my luggage after one trip, my trust to airport services was lost forever.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Thanks, Canuck, I certainly agree with number one. I have bought expensive stuff and it generally lasts no better than the cheap. So go cheap.

I would agree with number two except that sometimes I have to take a suit to unusual places and I think a suit in a sports holdall might get a little creased by baggage handling in Ashgabat.

Travel light? – yes, as much as possible, and that means the most robust cheap briefcase I can find.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

David, one benefit I look for at the regular hotels I stay at, is at least 1 set of clothes to be pressed.. This Saturday night I have a dinner to attend in Frankfurt. I just throw the clothes into my suitcase and ask the hotel to press..and iron on arrival…

I then move onto BKK next week and much the same… clothes all packed in plastic bags, handed to the concierge on arrival and all neatly hanging and pressed within an hour or two.

So in that respect a GPS enabled sports bag, coloured yellow or orange could just work for me too :)) !

mkcol74
    Participant

I’ll stick with my Cabin Zero bag.

I’ve nothing to do with the company, other than being a thoroughly satisfied customer.

GrahamSmith

It’s probably best that this thread is closed – and if personal insults start on the other luggage thread, that’ll be closed too.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls