Hats off to Turkish Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• SAS
    Participant

I flew with Turkish Airlines many years back in 2005, when the airline was not as large or as good as it is today.

I now watch a large number of Youtube videos of Turkish Airlines flights. The airline appears to have one of the best inflight products out there, particularly on short haul flights.

Turkish Airlines usually uses the Airbus 321 and Boeing 737 planes in its fleets for short haul flights. The majority of them are now equipped with personal televisions and Wifi with excellent catering and proper Business Class seats on short flights. Their new hub in Istanbul is a new feather in their cap.

Skytrax needs to reconsider their Three star rating for Turkish Airlines because their short haul and long haul products are top notch.

maxgeorge
    Participant

The new IST is vast, and some of the gates are almost a mile from the main hall.

And still no Metro rail connection, which means a long and tortuous trip by road into the city.

I just flew IST to Kars, a domestic flight of less than two hours. Full 2-2 business class seats on a pristine 737-800, and a delicious 3 course lunch.

K1ngston
    Participant

No there were passengers who had flown in from Melbourne, now whether they had come directly or via SING but definitely travelled many hours!

MIODRAG
    Participant

I liked your post, but I have to say “finesse” is the LAST word I would use for Israeli anything, least so Israeli security services.

Efficient — yes, professional — for the most part, but finesse is as far from Israelis (especially its security) as polar bears are from elephants.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

This is the airline that is lending aircraft to Aeroflot or flying their routes in order that Russians can go on holiday around Europe and thus beyond dodging all the banns on Aeroflot

They should be immediately banned from all European airspace and Airports where that is possible.This started at least 3 months ago but no action to date. I wonder why?

maxgeorge
    Participant

If you’re going to ban Turkish for flying Russians, then maybe ban El Al and Air India for fuelling up with Russian oil.

cwoodward
    Participant

Manx, my concern here is not the Russian people. in fact they have my greatest sympathy.

It is with Turkey and specifically its government, who are close Putin allies and its government owned Turkish airlines who are blatantly colluding with Aeroflot to supply aircraft and the infrastructure needed to operate on behalf of Aeroflot its holiday flights that could not otherwise operate. This involves the closest possible collusion and blatantly breaks the NATO sanctions. There is a fair amount written on this subject with most coming to the conclusion that NATO do not want to call out Erdogan as they need his cooperation. This in my view is an utterly nonsensical notion as this type of appeasement is always futile and only ever serves to play the aggressors game.

maxgeorge
    Participant

As I have noted previously, if we are to choose carriers based on the ethical behaviour of their governments, we’d be left with the airlines of Iceland or Botswana, or maybe japan and Sweden.

Let’s not forget, in the DC inspired push to condemn Erdogan, that it was Turkish Bayraktar drones that sank the Moskva and turned so many of Putin’s tanks into smouldering junk. Erdogan continues to authorize their sale to Kyiv.

Or that if Maggie Thatcher or Blair had done as much for the people of the UK as Erdogan has done for ordinary Turks, Britons would have had the standard of living of Norway or Switzerland by now.

Erdogan and Putin’s ‘collusion’ is principally in the fight against ISIS, which would never have been necessary had the USA, with the UK trotting dutifully at it’s heels, not blundered so disastrously into Iraq and created that monster in the first place.

cwoodward
    Participant

I totally disagree with you on almost every point that you make above and also the parallels that you have drawn Max but the beauty of this forum is that all views can be expressed and considered. For that reason I will draw a line here as anything further from me would be purely to engage in a political debate not business travel.

cwoodward
    Participant

BTW
    I did not reports Max’s post.

maxgeorge
    Participant

Thanks, Mr CW.

I agree wholeheartedly. I introduced a note of controversy, for which I apologise.

This forum is, as you say, is for the exchange of information, not contention.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls