Gulf Air A320-ER Falcon Gold (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

This is a deliberate duplicate of an earlier review, so that it is available at a later time under the correct aircraft description, for anyone looking.

+++++

This is a review of the Gulf Air A320ER, not the A320-200.

MCT-BAH 1h15

This was an unremarkable short hop, so this report focuses on the A320ER business class (Falcon Gold) seats, as this may be usfeul info for any travellers encountered with a longer sector and wondering if an A320 will be up to the job.

Before continuing, I will mention that Y class had a seat pitch of 34″ and had Recaro seats, which were comfortable for 75 minutes, but might not be so good for 5-6 hours.

The business class seats are arranged in 2 x 2, with four rows in all, but only rows 2-4 are on both sides, meaning a 14 pax capacity.

I have flown on the TK 739 and (before withdrawn) the OS A320 mid haul, but neither are in the league of this baby, which has 78-80″ seat pitch flat beds – this is not a typo, the seats have the same pitch as BA First and are lie flat.

I can’t comment on the service (although GF is usually good in business on the 332), as I sat in Y on a short hop, but if GF offered me one of these aicraft on a London-Bahrain flight (or similar distance), I would have no hesitation in travelling on it.

Here is the Gulf Air seatplan

http://www.gulfair.com/English/info/TravelInformation/Pages/Airbus-320-ER.aspx

And here is a picture of the business class seat

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8345/8244491722_3d146bc1f3_z.jpg

Hope this short review is useful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls