Good service from Lufthansa

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Bought a new suitcase, quality brand.

Two days later it was damaged on a LH flight.

Given the age of the case and my need to replace it quickly, due to other travelling commitments, LH transferred the purchase price to me against an emailed scan of the receipt.

Good service and I’ve just booked a long haul business class return in 2012 with them, in recognition of this, even though I would normally have chosen a different carrier on this route.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Good to hear DoS. Did you advise the customer services that you booked further business as a result of them resolving the issue in such a prompt, satisfactory manner? Helps them feel recognised that they did the right thing and keeping customers happy is profitable.

ZKSmith
    Participant

Had a similar experience with BMI recently. Case was badly damaged, they had a new, similar style and quality of case sent to my hotel the next day. Was very satisfied.
    At the opposite end of the scale, I had a case damaged whilst flying with EasyJet a few years ago. They refused to replace / compensate for it and said it was the responsibility of my travel insurance to replace the case.
    It is because of service like this I avoid budget airlines whenever possible.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Good to hear DoS. Did you advise the customer services that you booked further business as a result of them resolving the issue in such a prompt, satisfactory manner? Helps them feel recognised that they did the right thing and keeping customers happy is profitable.”

Yes, I did advise them, Tete.

I believe in rewarding the kind of behaviour I wish to receive.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve had bags damaged by LH twice over the years, on neither occasion was the damage huge but the bag was replaced within 48 hours, on one occasion by an identical one and on the second when the model had changed by my choice from the upgraded range. On the latter occasion I was given a significant mileage credit too to make up for my luggage no longer matching. Excellent service and I told them so.

azidane
    Participant

Maybe I am the unlucky one then. I flew from MUC-LCY in March of this year and on arrival I found my Tumi suitcase damaged and reported it to LH at LCY. I was given a reference number and told a courier company would collect it the next day, this never happened the same as it did not on a further 10 occasions, I then went to work on HKG for 3 months and had the issue transferred to LH there (dealing with Shanghai service centre) they collected the bag and I was informed the bag was beyond repair and that my bag was a fake they refused to pay, upon insisting on a further examination I was informed my bag was a Tumi and they offered me £180 for a £500 suitcase as I did not have a receipt, this I refused and now LH in Shanghai do not even bother responding to emails or tel calls and upon my return to the UK I intend on pursuing the matter through the small claims court

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls