Getting the BA booking identifier on to my account.

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Cwyfan
    Participant

I have recently booked a BA flight through AA, so minimising my chance of being in the BA data planewreck.

My wife and I have both been directly affected anyway.

AA gave me the BA 6 figure identifier, but, when I try to add it to my BA account, it does not accept it.

It is for 1st class so I wanted to choose my seat.

BA do not answer the phone nowadays saying that they are too busy, so use the website, which I have tried.

I seem to remember that there is a workaround referred to on this site a while back, probably involving Qantas,

Anybody able to help me in this?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Stormin
    Participant

KMcottrell

Yes – I’ve had this issue before with Qatar. From what I remember you need to get the BA (actual carrier) identifier from them. But the easy way is use the “You First” helpline – +44 (0) 161 448 3013. They always answer this line as a priority (or they should !!!)

Fclass
    Participant

kmcotrell – I have also booked via AA and had the same problem – as suggested by stormin the “you first” sorted it immediately!

Cwyfan
    Participant

Thank you problem sorted

SwissExPat
    Participant

I just booked with AA (involving a mixture of AA metal and Iberia).

I used my BAEC number on the booking and hence was able to selected my seats on all sectors without charge.

However, the whole trip does not show up in my BAEC account. Should it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls