Getting paid for business travel!

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FlyinJK
    Participant

As a frequent traveller for the last decade, I too have been forced to start turning right on the plane. The days of Club are gone, and even Premium Economy is a luxury these days. All short-haul is Economy, and has been for a few years.

In trying to find ways to save the firm money, I’ve also started looking at ways of saving me money, or better yet, earning me money for my travelling experiences.

My firm no longer uses a travel agency (or rather, we have access to one, but due to their charges, I refuse to use them when I can use Expedia/eBookers myself with no additional fee!)

When discussing this with my brother, he mentioned a website called http://www.QuidCo.com to me. In short, they pay you a referral fee for accessing other websites through their own website. I gave this a whirl a few weeks ago, and for a trip to Croatia including flights and hotel, I got paid £12.77 through this website. A trip to Vegas earn’t me back triple figures!!! Might not sound like a grand sum, but for the frequent traveller, it all quickly adds up! Needless to say, this is now how I book ALL my flights and/or hotels!

Apart from sharing this with my fellow travellers – I wonder if anyone else has any similar stories of how to make company travel as rewarding for yourself, as for the company? I’ve made about £250 so far in the last 6 months… Anyone know any other cool sites/programs I should be involved in?

Thanks,
    Flyin JK

P.S. I have absolutely no affiliation to QuidCo in any way, shape or form. This is not meant as an advert of their site, more a way to see if others are aware of any similar ways to earn from travelling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls