Getting Gold status

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Shanwick1249
    Participant

I’m an EC Gold holder for a couple of years now but retaining the card is down to luck, not judgement. It is a huge jump in points and money-spent (my own) to go from Silver to Gold and the ‘benefits’, such that there are, really don’t reflect this.

Yes, there is Champagne and more reliable food in a nice lounge at T5, but beyond LHR it means nothing. Any useful service and status is microscopic – even the new membership cards are cheap and nasty.

I guess all BA Silver card holders should be grateful that they get so much in comparison. I know I certainly was.

Oh and Capedoctor – who walks all the way up to the First check-in at LHR, just so you can walk back again? I have gone there maybe once in the last 2 years and always check in at the Club desks… all the time wondering why the F area is in the furthest corner of T5 with no special access, and not enough counters to handle more than two people…

Capedoctor
    Participant

Going to the gold desk always gives the possibility of upgrade that the automated version doesn’t. But another reason is the infernally complicated tickets I use; the RTW ones.

There’s also seating in the area where the missus and kids can wait, but that’s by the way.

Anyway, im silver at the moment…..am flying virgin more and more due to their last minute tickets being more reasonable. Also there’s an arrivals lounge at t3 for priority pass.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Agree with Cape doctor on the first or even club check in, I have a dislike for automated check in and yes there is always the upgrade chat, if needed

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls