Germanwings… never again

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

I can confirm as a SEN you have lounge access when flying 4U…

K1ngston
    Participant

DavidGordon10 I noted previously you mentioned hubbing through Amsterdam, have you done that recently?? I mention in another thread, that I had the misfortune to do so this week, firstly delayed on the ground at Heathrow, Monday morning and they say we have been delayed on our slot to land at Schipol so we have to sit on the ground for 40 minutes, but don’t worry this happens every Monday!!

Secondly when we arrived they couldn’t get a broken airbridge attached to our plane, another 25 minute wait before deplaning, and then the actual airport is a disaster! Building works airline lounges outside, walking down freezing cold exposed corridors to find the BA/CX lounge was not a pleasant experience!

Thirdly due to the cold weather planes were backing up on stands as they needed to be de iced and resulted in a further 1 hours delay on my CX flight…

Believe me I don’t know about European travel anymore I have been based outside of Europe for many years, but there is NO WAY I will ever use Amsterdam again to hub anywhere …. Thought you might like to know

DavidGordon10
    Participant

K1ngston – almost all my experiences at Schiphol have been quite satisfactory, but I agree, it is a mess at the moment. Airports are not good when they turn into building sites. As well as the building, the signage has gone to pot. I had trouble finding the KJM lounge, the normal route being completely blocked and no new signs in place.

SSTBeliever
    Participant

Same thing happens on BA JohnnyEnglish. I (lifetime Gold) frequently travel from LHR to WIC via EDI. Ticket booked on BA website and BA flight numbers on both sectors. Lounge access at LHR but not at EDI because the flight is operated by BA’s “codeshare partner” Flymaybe (actually its operated by Loganair who are a great airline in my opinion but why they ever allowed themselves to become involved with and liveried as Flymaybe beats me but that is another story!). Anyway no lounge access at EDi which is nothing short of fraudulent in my view but there is no point in arguing with the EDI lounge dragons – thankfully No 1 have improved the old BA lounge and its a pleasant place to wait.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls