Gatwick airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Cargoman
    Participant

Am back from my trip.
    Big thank you to everyone for their feedback.

Check in too 5 mins.
    Premium security another 5 mins.
    First lounge very quiet.
    On return e gates empty and straight through
    Baggage delivered in around 20 mins.

Dare I say it was better than the pre pandemic normal but…..
    I think the big difference is First check in and Premium security.

Next week Schipol !!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What a turnaround. Second time in a couple of months: South Terminal:

Used valet parking level 2 – takes pictures of your car on entry, very efficient parking system, short walk to check in..

From entering the terminal to airside – 15 minutes. What struck me the most was the very polite, friendly and professional security agents. Had to pinch myself this was Gatwick.

Well done…

Only questions remaining

** will my checked bag arrive ?

** Will my flight leave on time… ?

Fortunately I am not on Wizz…

Andy240361
    Participant

Totally agree Martyn, had another trip to Antalya 11th-21st June and found the South terminal far more organised (more staff?) than in May. Check-in a breeze (Gold lane on far left of Club had to be pointed out as I’d missed the sign), Premium security now has staff to quickly prioritise your integration into the far left queue resulting in passing through very quickly, First Lounge a little busier than in May but still fine, shower used in Club Lounge (when I could find staff who knew how to open the door!). On the way back luggage came through far quicker than last month, we were on the road 45 mins after landing. I too used Official Gatwick Valet parking both for both trips and would definitely recommend it, and for some reason it was cheaper than Long Stay.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1218839]Only questions remaining

** will my checked bag arrive ?

** Will my flight leave on time… ?[/quote]

Yes to both and the inflight offering was very good indeed. New seat config with the wardrobe in club taken out. Sat on A side, did have the feel that you were seated in the kitchen, but plenty of leg room.

Cabin crew were ex Norwegian and they were explaining they worked for Euroflyers not BA… all very confusing…

Bottom line, Gatwick performed well today – Well done…

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=1218839]Fortunately I am not on Wizz…[/quote]

Lucky. 2 hours late to Vienna on Monday and 2 hours late coming back yesterday.

Last week it was 4 hours on Monday and 1 back.

Really ghastly airline.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls