GARUDA INDONESIA

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

(From forum user Bigfoot)
    I purchased two return tickets from LHR to SIN on the Black Monday sale which over ran from Black Friday and which cost me £1100 each in the excellent Business Class on this five star (SKYTRAX) airline. We’ll be travelling in June and could have got to Australia for the same return fare to Melbourne as Sydney had already sold out. It started as an internet sale but due to overloading of the IT system, phone bookings were also taken.
    I’m on my 9th return trip with Garuda Indonesia and find all aspects of the flight to be excellent with the exception of lounges at either end.
    The flight to Jakarta from LHR T3 is non-stop at just under 14hrs. On the way home, the flight stops in Singapore for refuelling due to runway payload issues in Jakarta for heavy wide-bodied aircraft. Passengers leave the aircraft during the stop.
    Seating configuration is 1:2:1 which is great, a forward cabin has Rows 6, 7 and 8 with the remaining rows behind the galley and toilets.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I also picked up a return to Jakarta, travelling April May this year in J.
    for £50 more, you could also have travelled to Melbourne, amazing value. Friends have travelled on the 773 in from Australia, and completely complimented everything, but the lounge at CGK. They even thought the service and seating better than their return on Etihad’s A380 services!

Good use for Skyteam miles also, as many Airlines go via China to get to Australia or New Zealand, so it adds well valued additions, and of course miles to be earned that are greater in % for bonus, than say AF / KLM / Vietnam Airlines, to Asia. Fares can be very reasonable at £1,100 return, to a bizzare £7,500!
    You could easily earn 150% rather than 110% with a business return compared to KLM for your Skyteam membership.

Garuda used to be the Students bus service down to Australia, but they have certainly upped their game recently. Flights within Asia also are very good in price for Business, and useful to use those “never spent” miles in you FFP.
    They also operate better aircraft in 333’s and not like many others regionally with small 737’s or Airbus A320’s, offering a medium haul seat for regional travel.
    Much why i enjoy Thai and SQ still for regional flights around Asia!

I think some reviews are needed…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls