Garuda Indonesia Experience?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

PsyDtoBe
    Participant

I flew them for the first time between Jakarta and Singapore last week and here are the highlights:

1. Seat was comfortable (Economy)

2. IFE, still a lot of room for improvement but love the touch screen features!

3. Food (Bad and tasteless) it was a dry noodle with Beef!

4. Service was really good and very genuine (I am quiet shock that I am going to say this) but, yes! the crew were friendlier and more genuine than other SE Asia’s carriers! Especially in economy class!

5. New Livery, Top Notch! And the beautiful shades of wings on the plastic cups and tissues were nice!

All in all, the seat was comfortable, the service was exceptional and it was valuable for money compared to SQ where the fare was 3 times higher!

The reason I post it, its because of this:

http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/39492-Garuda-Indonesia-tops-Asian-airlines-service-quality-survey

I wonder if anyone else here has something to say about it.

Ardmarnoch
    Participant

My experience on this route and internal domestic in Indonesia, is that the crew are helpful and very generous with food and drink. The aircraft decor is good. My BIG concern is safety. I would prefer a safety leaflet in my seat pocket rather than a brochure with a list of prayers for various religions, praying for a safe flight…. Equally you normally experience passengers in the toilets on take off and landing, other passengers loading and unloading luggage from the overhead lockers whilst the aircraft is on the main runway at speed…. and this is only a small selection of the challenges. Perhaps you do need the prayers….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls