Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Mazin26
    Participant

Big Foot. Lucky you or maybe I did not check if my voucher was supposed to be $20 or $40. And yes you are right, you are only entitled to redeem the voucher once per return ticket. Some frequent fliers have acculumulated vouchers to the hundreds as the expiry is only in March 2017.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have used MH quite a bit over the last couple of years due to their excellent fares. I don’t know if you got the same sort of deal, ontherunhome, but the tickets I had were also fully refundable and changeable, with refund/change fees of 30 to 40 pounds (depending on exchange rates, which seem a bit fluid at the moment!!). The short-haul flights are a bit ordinary by Asian standards, but given that they still have “proper” regional business class seating rather than Euroconverter seats or economy seats with the middle seat blocked, they are still streets ahead of Europe. They also (at least on the flights from KUL to HKG) have IFE, even if (on the older planes) it is by way of a personal video player rather than built-in screens.

The long-haul on the A380 is very pleasant indeed, although I would recommend the centre section since, being in a 2-2-2 layout, that means you will have direct aisle access with no-one having to step over you. The front row of the two J cabins are not recommended since they have less personal storage and seem, to me, to be a little shorter when in lie-flat mode. The seats are rather firm, but they do provide a topper.

IFE is good quality with a decent range of things to watch, decent headphones too.

Service is a mixed bag – the older crew seem to do sod-all, but the younger crew tend to be very keen to please. Food is excellent, with their signature satay to start, and then a huge choice of meals. On my last flight KUL-LHR I was offered SIXTEEN choices. Plus, you can order in advance from an extensive menu – although the system does not appear to permit “mix-and-match” – you either order from the menu for every sector in your itinerary or none at all, you can’t just reserve things on one or two sectors.

I can’t give a comparison between MH and Garuda, but I can say that MH is good in J long-haul, and very acceptable in regional.

One particular bonus – when departing LHR, if you are in J, you can use the excellent QR lounge (regardless of status – in fact, status won’t get you in, only travel class). It isn’t large, but very nice indeed, with excellent service and very good food. See attached pic for a sample of what I was served (cooked beautifully, I might add).

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Hmmmm – I don’t know if it is because I am the author, but looking at the thread I can’t see the picture I tried to post, so I am going to try again…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls