Galaxy Note 7: Owners advised not to use on planes

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

From the BBC today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37314826?ocid=global_bbccom_email_09092016_business

Airline passengers have been warned by US authorities not to switch on or charge their Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones when on board the plane. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) also advised against packing the phones into any checked-in luggage. Samsung recalled the phone last week after reports emerged of the device exploding during or after charging. Qantas and Virgin Australia have also told customers not to charge or use the phone during flights.

I was on a Lufthansa flight this week and saw a man who was asked not to use his Galaxy Note, one of the crew later told me they had recently been briefed on this partuclar phone.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Excellent, BA is promoting Samsung in their lounges.

stevescoots
    Participant

I was going to upgrade my Note 5 to a 7…think I will pass now

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Me as well Steve, though I’m sure they’ll sort it and hopefully discount it to get sales going again.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Email from SAS arrived informing me that NOTE7 is not allowed in checked baggage and may not be used on board if brought into the cabin.

Today’s boarding pass carries the same message.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls