‘Frozen fuel on BA 777 Jan 2008’

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• metheman
    Participant

VK…You should really be careful what you say and quote..
    Were you present / do you visit the Cabin Crew Training Centre. This is frequented by both CC and Flight Deck so these supposed rumours that you seem to know so much about !!!! could have started anywhere.
    Have you spoken to anyone that was on that flight ?
    Do you know anyone who was on that flight ?
    Have you met Capt. Burkhill and spoken to him about the incident ?
    If you are so certain that these started at the Training Centre, then contrary to all that you say, you are a BA employee
    Maybe you should take some time and speak to these people and stop saying what you have said in your earlier postings. HonestCrew is correct in this posting. Draw your neck in VK before someone decides that Christmas has come early and a Turkey gets slaughtered..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

While learning to fly back in the early 80’s, my instructor, now a senior Captain with KLM, cut back the power to idle and made me simulate an engine out landing into Rotterdam (this in a single engine Cessna 172).

I managed it, but I’ll never forget the concentration and tension as I attempted the landing – my shirt literally soaked through. However, I had an experienced pilot next to me and the knowledge that we could always apply power if we had to.

To do this in a B-777 with several hundred passengers, with no chance or time to re-start the engines, is nothing short of miraculous, and demonstrates the extreme skill and experience shown by the crew, and anyone who calls Capt. Burkhill anything other than a hero surely needs examining!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls