Free tea and coffee is back at BA reports Sunday Times and Telegraph today

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• AndrewinHK
    Participant

cwoodward, CX in economy provide china mugs for tea and coffee? I don’t drink either, but I can’t recall seeing china being used in Y.

kevin46
    Participant

I found that BA press release patronising to the max.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

I am not sure that the promise of a free cup of tea or coffee will be enough to woo me back to BA as their fares are simply too expensive compared to EasyJet.

For example, I need to fly to Edinburgh on Wednesday next week and returning on Thursday, if I book today, I can get a return on EasyJet from Luton for £103, departing at 08.50 and returning at 17.50

For flights departing Heathrow at similar times, BA want £372 a difference of £269, why on earth would I fly BA for that much more money on an hour long flight.

Before people jump on me, I realise that there are those who do not have a choice and must fly on BA due to corporate deals which no doubt mean that their company will pay a lower fare but I doubt even the best corporate deal will get to the EasyJet fare and I know that EasyJet also do corporate deals which would reduce the fare I would pay.

I am sorry, but domestically and in Europe BA are simply a LCC that charge full service fares and yes you can earn Avios and if you have the right status you have lounge access and other perks but if I want to, I can pay for lounge access at Luton and at Edinburgh which would add approximately £60 to my costs so I would still pay over £200 more to fly on BA and with no status no lounge access, so for anyone who has a choice and lives the same distance from Luton as they do from Heathrow, why would you choose BA.

For the record, for those who do not know me, I have not and never will be a BA basher, but for me the cost of flying with BA short haul on domestic flights or in Europe simply does not add up, especially as the service on board is no better or worse that on EasyJet.

In fact, I am flying with BA in WT+ to JFK in August, for a week to celebrate my Partners 60th birthday and I got well priced tickets in their sale so will fly with them on this occasion.

I am always interested to hear the views of others on this topic and if people agree or disagree with my logic and if they do disagree then why?

Have a great weekend everyone and safe travels.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Correct and as I mentioned up-thread

cwoodward
    Participant

Jonathan – I haven’t recalled many (any) BA bashers on this forum for some time. Yes many with justified negative comments or reporting substandard performance – but the bashers seem to have departed.
    On a wet Sunday a few weeks ago I looking for London restaurant revues ( re an upcoming trip) strayed onto Trip Advisor and then ideally onto their airline revues.
    Now there is where you will find BA bashers by the planeload. It was eye opening as most of the complaints were largely unfounded nit picking or lack of understanding of what they had paid for as well as it seemed ‘bashing’ for no obvious reason. ‘

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls