Free 9,000 BA Miles Offer Ends 30 June

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/britishair/britishairways.cgi?PID=826&BUID=CCG&PSKU=DFLT&CRTV=BAdisplay254&AFFID=tbgbaacq&sourcecode=Xscdfltba0_adtime_

If you’ve been wavering about taking up a BA Amex, now’s the time to take the plunge, with 9,000 bonus miles until the end of June 2008.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Bump as this ends today.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Does not say that on the application or the link you provided?
    Where is 9,000 miles offer?

VintageKrug
    Participant

The clue as to where this offer has gone is in the “2008” part of my post 😉

The offer is now back to the regular 6,000 BA Miles per Premium Plus card sign up, though you can get more BA Miles if you are referred by an existing cardholder.

Link to the (less good) current offer is below:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/britishair/britishairways.cgi

And, technically, the BA Miles are not free as I erroneously stated earlier, as the card has a fee of £130 per annum, however this is easily offset by the Amex 2for1 voucher you get after spending a certain amount (I think about £10k), which effectively doubles the value of you BA Miles when used exUK on BA metal.

So a return in First to San Francisco SFO costs 150,000 BA Miles for two people, vs. the usual requirement of 300,000 BA Miles without a 2for1 voucher.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thnaks, but I think I will stick with BMI mastercard and AMEX.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The bmi scheme has already had additional restrictions placed on it, following the takeover by Lufthansa. This includes increasing the mileage requirements for redeeming in F, an additional mileage charge for redeeming on Lufthansa and significant capacity restrictions (eg no bmi redemptions on any Singapore Airlnes premium A380 seats).

Although bmi miles are easy to earn, they are difficult to spend, though not impossible with a little help from Expert Flyer, and flexible requirements.

Most everyone who has grappled with the call centre will attest to this.

bmi is a great scheme, but it is always good to diversify your mileage portfolio especially between the two major British members of Star and oneworld, as this opens up a range of choices and makes it more likely you can redeem to take the trips you want at the time you want.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks VintageKrug. I know lots of people have had problems with BMi call centre, but I suppose I have been lucky. I have just booked LHR – NRT, NRT-KUL and KUL- LHR. I had a choice of airlines on all routes. Yes its true no more business class seats on SIA from SIN- LHR but then I not so fussy. There is always an alternative. I like the half cash half miles choice. I did on some of the legs on Lufthansa and there was no additional mileage required.
    Lets see if DC gets switched to M&M. I hope not.

I did have reservations through bmi on the SIA 380 in April 2009, but had to cancel this due to family breavement. Ah well! I am sure there will be other times on a A380 in the future. I have been on both SIA and Emirates A380. I prefer the SIA configuration. In any case its a great plane!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls