Frankfurt facing “operational challenges”

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

The airport has just issued this tweet.

This morning travel blogger Paul Lucas was changing planes at this airport. He was flying from the US West Coast to Dubai via FRA. Connecting between Star carriers United and Lufthansa.

Paul said, “It’s taken me 80 minutes since the aircraft touched down to end up in the Senator Lounge.

“And that’s as a business class passenger with “fast” secure access and being off the plane first and on the first bus.” (United’s flight parked remotely)

FormerBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1208825]

Alex, while I have no doubt that the disruption described occurred I think I would prefer to see a more detailed analysis of current issues at the major European hubs. You quoted the following tweet on another thread and this level of detail would be helpful when making comparisons between major hubs.

BREAKING: New data shows a staggering level of cancellations – 1,143 flights cancelled from/to UK in the week up to Sun 3rd April, compared with just 197 flights cancelled the same week in 2019 according to @cirium data. @British_Airways cancelled 662; @easyjet 357. @ThePCAgency

How many flights were cancelled over the same period at CDG, AMS and FRA to and from France, the Netherlands and Germany.

This would tell us if the issues was wide spread, and would point to probable/possible causes, such poor management planning, covid absence? or, dare I say it, BREXIT. I know the word is banned by Johnson as war is by Putin, but it may be a causal factor.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Former BA.

I started this thread purely to alert readers what was happening at FRA.

As far as I know FRA is the first major hub to make this announcement.

However judging by this tweet from ZRH an hour ago it would seem the Swiss are getting prepared.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls