FOUND CHEAP BUSINESS FARES JULY/AUG

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

• smartloobylou
    Participant

had a look and would have been tempted if they werent charging full 100% adult fare for the kids. anyone know any other airlines flying to MCO from europe that give a reduced child price in business class?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Nope. As far as I know, everyone charges adult rate. And fair enough.

smartloobylou
    Participant

yep same seat i guess – only save on the alcohol

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think you might be best advised to book into Premium Economy on the outbound – when a bed is less important – and Club World on the way back.

This would reduce the cost significantly and hopefully satisfy your budget, while ensuring comfort appropriate to the time of day.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I’ve tried booking one class out, different class back, and the facility seems to have vanished from the BA website. Or is it just me and my declining faculties?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just book the lowest class, and then on the price page you can “upgrade” one of the sectors to the next class up.

I think your faculties aren’t failing you as you used to be able to book, say, economy outbound and F inbound. Probably needs a call now.

lloydah
    Participant

That’s true VK. Multi city bookings used to have class of travel on each line of the booking form as far as I remember, certainly a couple of years ago. Tried a dummy just now and it’s not showing.

smartloobylou
    Participant

VK is that your way of saying thats the best deal im gonna get? no hope of a premium seat sale for july/aug then?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Yup, Hoydah. Tried it as well. Won’t fly (as it were).

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s always hope, but if your family are looking forward to a holiday and you need to get it booked now, I think they’d rather do Disney in Premium Economy on the outbound know they’ll see Mickey, while you can get the hotel locked in at a decent rate.

This year is “special” because of the Olympics and the Jubilee; I’ve switched my usual vacation plans to accomodate those changes.

Add into all this the APD changes which have added to exUK ticket prices…and it’s becoming a lot more expensive than was the case only two years ago.

PS have you tried exJersey? They may have some cheap deals (you don’t pay APD on same day connections) and no need to change airports as those flights come in to Gatwick the morning of your MCO flight.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/business-flights/public/en_gb

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Have you looked at Virgin?

Upper class is looking like 2-300 per person less than BA on the dates I checked at random in June/July (couldn’t check your dates, as I don’t know them.) Still about 2,200, so much higher than ex Norway, but it could save you 1,000-1,500 over BA.

I used Expedia.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Have you tried ex Jersey?

That piqued me, so I had a look. Only a very small saving.

smartloobylou
    Participant

virgin now just have economy and prem economy going to orlando on their old 747s – they dont do upper class to mco. I will look at thejersey option – never been there! Wondering whether to take the LH option as i hear their business product is good and they go direct frankfurt to MCO

TiredOldHack
    Participant

virgin now just have economy and prem economy going to orlando on their old 747s – they dont do upper class

That speaks volumes about the target market…..

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’d certainly avoid Virgin on this particular route. Not a good idea, for lots of reasons.

– just a single daily flight vs. BA’s double daily
    – Virgin’s most knackered 747s ply this route
    – South Terminal (nasty)
    – Generally chavvier clientele
    – No option for a two site theme park/beach vacation, returning from Tampa

Once you add in the dodgy catering and tendency to run out of booze…..

Worth it exLHR if you can get a cheap deal on Upper Class on other routes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls