Forgotten Passport

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well here I am in the VS lounge (nicely refurbished) at JNB breathing a big sigh of relief.

Under stress by mrs. LP to leave in a hurry for George airport as she’d set up a meeting (why o why) with an Architect before my flight to JNB to catch my onward flight to ZRH. I’d already checked in online and when the boarding call came I gathered my passport, only to discover it was not mine, but hers!!!

Now in full panic mode as no time to go back and not sure if they’d let me leave. I had my British passport with me, my Swiss ID and a copy of the Swiss pp, but not the needed residence permit or entry stamp.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the very kind and helpful emigration officer took copies, entered endless remarks in the computer and then wrote them in my pp but after 20 minutes I was through and heading for the comfort of this lounge.

Of course mrs. LP blames me for not checking (correct I suppose) and I blame her for putting me under stress by setting up a meeting and making me rush!

I hope fellow posters will take my side? 😉 and anyone else had a similar experience and how did you resolve it?

Senator
    Participant

In Sweden, India has outsourced the handling of their visa process to a third party. I had a customer trip planned for Sunday morning, but leaving from Bergen, Norway. The problem was that on Thursday morning, I wanted to fly from Stockholm (ARN) to Bergen (BGO) to spend the weekend with my family. The complexity of the process was that given my Norwegian nationality, the processing of the passport was done in Oslo leaving little, if any room for the process.

I was booked on the seasonal Finnair (AY) service ARN-BGO at 10:30 on a cheap one-way fare. The office would open at 09:30, leaving me an hour to get to the airport assuming the passport was ready. I had a fully flexible ticket booked with SAS for 11:45 departure. Outside the agency office was a taxi parked while I collected my passport. To my great pleasure, the passport was ready and I made it.

When it comes to passport, I always have it in my travel wallet which is always in my briefcase so I will not miss it!

Experience says not to pick a side my dear LP…

BigDog.
    Participant

Copious amounts of flowers with a nice new bright pink passport wallet/holder – and let her choose who has to use it from now on.

Papillion53
    Participant

LP – Mrs LP needs one of these:

http://www.smythson.com/women/leather-accessories/passport-covers.html

I’m sure you would be able to order it online with no trouble at all! 😉 :-). Along with anything else that catches your eye and you think Mrs LP would like! :-))) Smartish now, champagne down and CC out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls