FLYBE CODESHARE

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I received an e-mail from Flybe today announcing a range of code-share routes with Air France from the UK and also within France. Some are AF operated and others are BE operated. Does anyone know (its not clear from the message) whether these flights would be eligible for AF/KLM FF miles?

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi TomBaum,

in theory if you are flying on a codeshare flight operated by Flybe but you are on an AF/KLM flight number then you should be credited with miles for the flight. If you are flying on a Flybe number then you will probably not receive any miles for that.

I hope that helps, but if in doubt check with AF before you book your ticket.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Hi – just to let you know we have published a news piece with more details on this announcement at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/flybe-to-codeshare-with-air-france

NTarrant
    Participant

Flybe MAN-GLA/EDI routes are code share with BA and you can book them on BA.com. Alas there are no tier points, BA miles or OnBusiness miles to be had!

PaulJennings
    Participant

A few years ago there were a limited number of codeshares between AF and BE. (For example, I remember the AF flights from CDG to Southampton used to carry several flight numbers, including a BE one.)

I don’t think that AF shorthaul will have any problems reconciling themselves to a no frills operation…

NTarrant
    Participant

Yes, I remember those SOU-CDG code shares. There was a rumour that BE stopped it because AF were not reliable.

Potakas
    Participant

NTarrant I found this one when i was searching on executive club terms.

Terms and conditions.

Flights booked under the British Airways code operated by Flybe are eligible for mileage accrual and tier points but not redemption.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/ecpartnroneworld/execclub/_gf/en_gb

Regards

Potakas

Potakas
    Participant

Although here:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/ecpartnrair/execclub/_gf/en_gb

says different things

† Codeshare flights booked under the code of a British Airways partner airline but operated by an airline who is not a British Airways partner are not eligible for mileage or tier point accrual

And they don’t list Flybe as a partner airline.

I cannot totally understand but they say clear enough that you can earn miles and tier points.

Potakas

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Off the track a bit but in the early days of the BA (Cityflyer / Connect) to Flybe transfer where bookings had originally been made via the BA site, Flybe which was by that time operating the flight would give you aggro at the gate for not showing photographic ID, and didn’t accept the BA EC card as ID despite the codeshare numbers on the screen above your head. One of the big remaining attractions of the BA EC (and I think still bmi DC) is that you don’t need a passport (or photographic driving licence) on domestic flights, in fact you don’t even have to show your card at the gate, only your boarding pass. Also speeds up passenger flow through the gate as they only have one document to process / check.

NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks Potakas, although the last time I did EDI-MAN on Flybe was a few years ago I didn’t get anything, just shown as “ineligable flight”. I booked one of my staff about nine months ago who is not a BA Exec holder and did it through BA.com quoting our OnBusiness number and got the same thing.

Yes I remember those days Jim, I was once due to travel MAN-SOU and the BA flight was cancelled and all put on the BE flight. Never got tier points or miles.

transtraxman
    Participant

In relation to this agreement……..

On the day(Tuesday 13th July 2010) that British Airways´ affiliate company FlyBe signs an agreement to codeshare its flights with Air France it seems to us that BA has lost its way with its obsession with the US market and its desire to form ever closer links to American Airlines. Let us look at this tragic comedy of errors which has turned Britain´s main flag carrier from the most important European carrier into the third bit player trying to survive with no coherent strategy. ……..

………. The only strategy the airline appears to have at the moment is to turn British Airways into London North American Airways for high flyers in Business class. This is not good enough,especially when it flies from an airport which will not be expanded (at least at the moment) and where it cannot get more slots but has to give up some present slots. This is plain madness. We expect better.

The rest of this document is to be found on our blog published 15-07-2010 as “British Airways has lost its way” http://trans-trax.blogspot.com/

Potakas
    Participant

Interesting.. maybe you should begin a new topic, copy-paste some of your comments from your blog so we can discuss them here.

Potakas

transtraxman
    Participant

If you want we can start a new topic. Should we?

Potakas
    Participant

I think that what are you saying most of them are facts and it would be interesting to discuss them, and mainly how Lufthansa grew up so aggressively while BA struggles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls