Flight options for Melbourne to Munich

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Lind2608
    Participant

Hi

What is the most stress free method of getting there – ie minimum stops and least time?

Thanks

Senator
    Participant

Hello,

Singapore Airlines via SIN seems to offer the best connections:
    Flight 1 of 2:
    Flight Singapore Airlines 228
    From Melbourne VI AU (MEL) Terminal 2
    Departure Time 1645
    To Singapore SG (SIN) Terminal 0
    Arrival Time 2135
    Duration 7h50m
    Meal M
    Aircraft Type 773

Flight 2 of 2:
    Flight Singapore Airlines 328
    From Singapore SG (SIN) Terminal 3
    Departure Time 2305
    To Munich DE (MUC) Terminal 2
    Arrival Time 0535
    Duration 12h30m
    Meal M
    Aircraft Type 77W

christopheL
    Participant

And what about Qatar Airways, via Doha. Service is at least as good as with SQ and their fully flat bed on 77L is very confortable.

The outbound flight is slightly longer than SQ’s, due to a 2h05 stop in Doha (wich gives you anough time to have a shower in their Premium Lounge). But the inbound flight is shorter (the stop in Doha is only 1h35) :

Outbound :
    Flight QR31 From Melbourne (MEL) Terminal 2
    Departure Time 22h35
    To Doha (DOH)
    Arrival Time 05h55
    Duration 14h20m
    Aircraft Type 77L

Flight 2 of 2:
    Flight QR3 From Doha (DOH)
    Departure Time 08h10
    To Munich (MUC) Terminal 2
    Arrival Time 13h20
    Duration 06h10m
    Aircraft Type 332

Inbound :
    Flight QR4 From Munich (MUC) Terminal 2
    Departure Time 16h35
    To Doha (DOH)
    Arrival Time 23h15
    Duration 06h10m
    Aircraft Type 332

Flight 2 of 2:
    Flight QR30 From Doha (DOH)
    Departure Time 00h45
    To Melbourne (MEL) Terminal 2
    Arrival Time 21h15
    Duration 13h30m
    Aircraft Type 332

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Lind2608 !

As soon as I saw the topic of the thread ,i was so eager to participate and give my feedback JUST to suggest EXACTLY those 2 options specifically ,stipulated by both Gentlemen above ..yesssss……SQ and QR are indeed GREAT !!!….Changi Airport in SIN is by far more entertaining than Doha ,but the Premium terminal in Doha is a treat ,however you have access to the spa,sauna,jaccuzzi only in the First zone ,not in Business….Business provides only shower facilities ….which are still great …..Etihad Airways comes as a second choice via Abu Dhabi ,however although their business seat is comfortable ,it triggers in me all my claustrophobic feelings and fears ..I personally don t like being ISOLATED on board ..privacy yes I appreciate but without tooo much isolation …..!..we are already isolated enough in our daily lives ,though surrounded by our biz partners ,clients ,consumers ,buyers ,etc…..

David
    Participant

I would second the Qatar Airways option.

First and foremost, the seat is the most important criteria I look at when flying long-haul. That being said;

Although the Qatar Airways seats are only fully flat on the 777’s (in this case, to and from Melbourne) your flights to/from Munich to Doha (on the A330 – with angled flat seats) would be during the day so perhaps sleeping wouldn’t be as important.

I returned just yesterday afternoon from another round of 4 Qatar Airways flights (to/from Europe and an inter-Gulf hop) and with exception the to angled flat A330 seat (all were day flights so this wasn’t a big issue), I could not fault them.

Compared to British Airways (in the spirit of openness, I am Gold with BA and flew R/T Europe to Australia in December and enjoyed their services just last week Europe/India – all in Club World):

The Qatar Airways food was vastly superior (lobster tail omelette for breakfast yesterday morning, for example);

Coffee selection; no comparison (choice of latte and cappuccino – amongst others);

Wine selection was superior (5 reds and 5 whites on the menu, including – just as an example – an excellent Brunello and a 1998 Veuve Clicqot La Grande Dame);

Entertainment selection was superior (at least 100 movies, never mind some 150 music albums on the audio selection); and,

The cabin crew whom made an effort to each come by my seat to introduce themselves by name, and address me by name throughout the flight as well. Not necessary of course, but a nice touch.

Enjoy your trip, whatever your decision.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls