Flight offers and promotions – sales

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=893977]70,000 have a rough value of €425 so is significant[/quote]

@Faroflyer
    – not sure how you value 70,000 avios at Euros 425.

Based on 4,500 per sector in Y (northern Europe), fares can be around Euros 200 per sector, to me the value of 70,000 avios is well over Euros 3,000+

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=893983]

70,000 have a rough value of €425 so is significant

@faroflyer – not sure how you value 70,000 avios at Euros 425.

Based on 4,500 per sector in Y (northern Europe), fares can be around Euros 200 per sector, to me the value of 70,000 avios is well over Euros 3,000+[/quote]

Martyn, yes, you are correct if you make several trips around Europe, but my UK base is the Midlands so LHR & LGW are a challenge to use. My calculation was based on a BA fare discount of €213 off a €2,500 fare, and this €213 costs 34,000 Avios, hence 70,000 Avios = ~ €425

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=893985]My calculation was based on a BA fare discount of €213 off a €2,500 fare, and this €213 costs 34,000 Avios, hence 70,000 Avios = ~ €425[/quote]

.. and BA wonder why there is a second hand market in avios…

If I was allowed, I would gladly pay you double the value you are receiving for your 70,000 avios, as others would I am sure… but sadly, we are not allowed…

mkcol74
    Participant

@FaroFlyer As clearly stated in the Terms & Conditions a Cathay Pacific flight does not count.

“Qualifying flights

4: A Qualifying flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive double Avios on up to 10 single sector Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and Southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members will not qualify, and (iii) any flight included as part of a British Airways Holiday package”

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=893991]

My calculation was based on a BA fare discount of €213 off a €2,500 fare, and this €213 costs 34,000 Avios, hence 70,000 Avios = ~ €425

.. and BA wonder why there is a second hand market in avios…

If I was allowed, I would gladly pay you double the value you are receiving for your 70,000 avios, as others would I am sure… but sadly, we are not allowed…[/quote]

These calculations are based on what you can buy (by way of flights) with 70,000 Avios – quite rightly – but this is very variable, depending upon time of year, peak periods, 241 vouchers etc.

Another way of calculating of course is how much it would cost to buy Avios, if you needed to, for example to use your 241 voucher on a redemption flight. Currently, 70,000 Avios to purchase from BA would cost £1,135. Earlier this year, however, I was able to buy 40,000 Avios for £415 in an Avios sale. I can’t remember how much 70,000 would have cost, but I estimate that it was about £725.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

easyJet has announced a sale offering UP TO 25% OFF 100,000 SEATS

Find out more at easyJet.com

T&Cs: Ends midnight 9.10.18. For travel on selected routes to and from the UK from 24.10.18 to 13.2.19. Correct at 4.10.18. One way pp, two flying.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Short-lived LAN sale for flights from Europe – 20% off

LAN UK

LATAM

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Cathay Pacific

For a limited time only, fly from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or Manchester to the Far East from just GBP429, Australia from GBP649 and New Zealand from GBP679.
    Be quick, offer ends 10 October 2018.
    Flash Sale Deals
    Hong Kong Economy Flights from GBP429

DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM LONDON AND MANCHESTER
    Business Flights from GBP2,089

cathaypacific.com

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Norwegian launches East Coast USA Flash Sale
    Norwegian – Oct 11, 2018 09:12 BST

Six transatlantic routes included in the five-day sale from £134.90 one-way

Norwegian has today launched an East Coast five-day Flash Sale offering holidaymakers from across the UK the chance to book flights to the USA for less. For five days consumers will be able to access special discounted fares on select flights from the UK for travel to the US east coast from £134.90 one-way.

Based on select departures from 1st December 2018 to 28th February 2019*, travellers can now book transatlantic flights from London Gatwick starting from £134.90 one-way in economy. These red-hot deals won’t be around for long, as the flash sale will end on Monday 15th October 2018 22:59 BST.

London Gatwick nonstop to six US cities from £134.90 one-way

Holidaymakers looking to beat the winter blues can now book a bargain flight from £134.90 one-way in LowFare economy on selected flights the US east coast from London Gatwick, including Norwegian’s newest route to Tampa, Florida launching 31st October.

New York JFK from £144.90 one-way in LowFare economy
    Boston from £134.90 one-way in LowFare economy
    Orlando from £149.90 one-way in LowFare economy
    Fort Lauderdale/Miami from £149.90 one-way in LowFare economy
    Chicago from £134.90 one-way in LowFare economy
    Tampa from £149.90 one-way in LowFare economy

Norwegian.com

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Flybe is offering 15 per cent off flights to and from Belfast, for bookings made between November 2 and November 16, and for travel between January 7, 2019 and March 31, 2019.

Customers should use the code BELFAST15 (case sensitive) when booking.

The discount is valid on routes between Belfast and Aberdeen, Birmingham, Cardiff, Doncaster Sheffield, Edinburgh, East Midlands, Exeter, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, London City, Manchester and Southampton.

flybe.com

Terms and Conditions

The promotional code is valid for flights booked between 02.11.18 – 16.11.18 departing between 07.01.19 – 31.03.19 on direct Flybe operated flights to and from Belfast City Airport (excluding codeshare and franchise partners) and is applied against the gross seat price displayed at the point of booking. Valid only for web bookings made on flybe.com. Offer is subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Etihad is running a 15th birthday sale, for bookings made by November 12, and for travel between January 15 and June 15, 2019.

etihad.com

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Qatar Airways has posted details of an ex-UK sale on its website.

Book by November 14 for travel between November 20 and December 13.

This is additional to its offer at Ritz-Carlton Doha.

Qatar Airways offers free stays at the Ritz-Carlton Doha

MarcusGB
    Participant

It seems Black Friday returns in about 10 days time.
    There do seems to be some efforts in the travel sector around this date.

Not that any of us on BT will be wrestling at the checkout over a Back seat TV, but maybe helpful to put anything we come across on here this year, travel wise?
    Last year Garuda had return flights to Melbourne for £1,175 Business class.
    But in relation to the other “Garuda Returns” thread many are involved in, that maybe described as “Fake News” this year!

But maybe this Thread a good idea to share the BF offers we see for all?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Absolutely,

Meanwhile, tomorrow Easyjet releases its next set of fares (through until October half term 2019)

Not a sale, but they often have great fares when they are first released.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Garuda :

“Plan your trip at Garuda Indonesia Online Travel Fair 2018!
    Discover the magnificent beauty of Indonesia with our best online fares.
    Mark your calendar on November, 23rd – 29th 2018
    Stay tuned on our website and Mobile Apps!”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls