Flight delay compensation – EC Legislation 261/2004

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

CromartyScot
    Participant

Just had a 3.5 hour delay on a FlyBe flight and was wondering if anyone has had any recent success in claiming compensation for delayed flights under EC Legislation 261/2004. Particularly since the UK High Court seems to have stalled claims pending a further European ruling.

conair346
    Participant

You’ll be lucky with flybe. They denied my claim under 261/2004 when at Christmas they cancelled my flight for operational rather than weather related events. They blamed the weather – yet my airports of departure and arrival were open and the aircraft serviceable. They used the crew/aircraft to bulk out the BHD-LGW route as LGW kept closing. MAN and BHD were open quite consistently, and had spare capacity.

Still doesn’t make it right that they blamed the weather which was not the cause to cancel my flight – I think it was perfectly reasonable to expect them to operate a flight that was scheduled and able to be operated save for their planning department in EXT.

CromartyScot
    Participant

Thanks conair…. think I might park this and see what the European Court decides over the coming months!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls