Flight Connections T5-T3 LHR with BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I have a UK domestic flight into T5 next month and an onward flight from T3 with BA to Prague.

My luggage will have been through checked so no need to worry about that and I have 3hr and 5 mins between flights and its all on one ticket.

Is it quicker to use the flight connections airside from T5 to T3 or exit as a domestic passenger and hop across to T3 on the Heathrow Express (or tube as I notice on TFL’s website that this transfer is free with an Oyster Card in 2012) and just go straight though Fasttrack Security?

first_class_please
    Participant

Use flight connections. It’s designed to be the quickest way between terminals and I believe it does work.

2 hours or more is just fine to take it easy and not rush.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

T5 to T3 security via flight connections can take as little as 20 minutes, if a bus is waiting or up to 40 minutes if the transfer bus has just gone when you get to the gate.

The challenge though is T3 security.

I believe day time there is still a fast track but from mid to late afternoon there is no fast track through the flight connections security.

As long as you miss the rush hour for transfers it will be smooth, otherwise it can take some time to get through the T3 security point.

openfly
    Participant

Use the airside transport. As a regular, it only takes a few mins to get from T5 to T3 and is very easy. Landslide is a very tedious long walk and a wait for the train or the tube. Also the airside route has you. Very close to the BA lounges after security in T3.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls