***Flight Closing*** – Crying Wolf?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Is it just me, or have others noticed how certain airports / terminals / airlines change the gate status to boarding / last call / closing with no relationship to whats actualy happening at the gate?

Gatwick North terminal seems a particularly bad offender, especially given some of those gates over the big bridge are quite a schlep. I’ve been caught out the last couple of times. Its gone green to red really quickly forcing an undignified run only to find boarding hasnt even started.I’ve complained to the the gate staff, but they say they don’t control the signs – its the airport. How stupid is that?

It’s not as though you can assume ***flight closing*** isn’t always accurate as at other airports – say LHR T5, it really is about to close.

David
    Participant

Dubai (DXB) is notorious for this. “Last Call” is always made before boarding commences and sometimes even before staff are at the gate to take tickets.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I fly from Manchester weekly and that airport is also ridiculous, as it’s the airport that controls the screens.
    They trigger automatically to go to gate 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure and final boarding 10 minutes.
    The number of times I have left a lounge and walked to a gate only to find the aircraft has yet to arrive is ridiculous.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls