Flier Miles Uses

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

alisha.h
    Participant

Airline tickets, upgrades, gift vouchers and prizes are some of the well-known uses for frequent flier miles, what are some of the lesser-known ways in which you use yours?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I only use mine for upgrades and occasional 1st Tickets. The redemption value for almost anything else is usually awful. I suppose if you’re earning 50,000 miles a week and don’t know what to do with them its another matter!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Agree with LP although I sometimes however buy not that fancy stuff when a deadline approaches on a program I don’t use that much (like now with Etihad miles where I only have 15k and 2 days left). Another exception is for now so called Avios that are aimed at another world tour probably next year.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I tend not to try to use them at all but occasionally will book LH to somewhere in Europe when I can get C, use miles for the taxes and it’s a cheap weekend away. I’ve also had good luck with LH F on long haul more or less whenever I’ve wanted it and they have usually managed to get me SQ C if I want it. I don’t try to redeem with BA as on the routes I use for leisure, there’s always a better choice.

stevescoots
    Participant

I just use mine on flights. I just booked LHR to HKG rtn on QR for 165 points + 300 tax in business. had to fiddle the dates a bit mind you so I didnt get stung on double pints

VintageKrug
    Participant

You can give some miles to charities, which is a great idea. Not Avios, as yet, though.

RichHI1
    Participant

If I fly *a i use my UA miles for Hilton hotel at ORD as i often tAke early flight to LHR and being in airport when it is snowing makes sense. Miles rate is good.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Agree, VK. I’ve done it a couple of days ago with part of these Etihad miles. It does not carry the tax advantage though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls