Five stars – who would you award them to?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• Scandinavian
    Participant

I do like Austrian. Maybe not five stars but definitely four stars. And they are removing their hideous interior colour scheme on short-haul which gives then an extra half star.

No one has mentioned a single Skyteam carrier in this thread…

RichHI1
    Participant

And…
    Seriously Korean Air has had some good write ups.

LeTigre
    Participant

That’s cause skyteam are rubbish, apart from KE.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I always think of Skyteam being made up of the airlines that couldn’t get in to Star or OW. That said, I’ve had a couple of good experiences of AZ recently which really surprised me but they do seem to be lifting their game. KL are usually OK too and I’m going to try them LHR-AMS in a couple of weeks, after my last experience of mixed up fleet on that route, I think KLM must be better!

Oh and the T4 lounge is surprisingly good, as good as any lounge at LHR.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Henkel i fly BA about 75% of the time on business on both long and short haul. I have flow in all cabins except WTP. I have flown with Cathay, United, Northwest, Air France, Iberia, Ryanair, Thompsons, BMI, Easyjet, Monarch over my life. For personal reasons i will never fly Emirates ever!!! and i urge more of you not too. Cathay i flew for the first time last month and it was not the best experience (mostly spoilled by other travellers) and mediocore crew just like the food, the deserts were lush though, the seat nice and fat and good IFE but over rated in my opinion. xx

Rich i am british why shouldnt i support my national brand? you fly AA for the same reason? 😉 xx

Personally i think BA have a good balance for both premium/eco offering at a fair price they are not over bearing or complete a** kissers to there customers. The only 1 thing i would say is its a shame they can refurb all their aircraft in one hit. I do sometimes think most of you lot are too demanding or just go looking for problems, I have never really had a problem with an airline that has caused me such distress that they need to be hung drwan and quartered and that includes all the LCC’s 🙂 xx

Right i am off home now.. i need a nice long soak in the bath… jeeezzz you guys are hard work! :o) xxx

RichHI1
    Participant

Becky sorry to disappoint you but I was born in UK. Have a nice soak with lots of candles 😉
    Do you remember the Imperial Leather advert where they had a full bath in a private plane? Now if a carrier had a jacuzzi in an a380 that would be 5 star (with or without the candles)

VintageKrug
    Participant

Sounds super; I’d recommend Bamford Bath oil:

http://daylesfordorganic.com/engine/shop/product/10014670/Bamford+Geranium+Bath+Oil

This just in, live video from BeckyBoop’s luxuriously appointed Essex bathroom:

http://www.visit4ads.com/advert/Cussons-Imperial-Leather-Bathtime-Cussons-Carex-Range/12147

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Becky, I guess if you are comparing BA to low cost and charter airlines along with Air France, Iberia and a couple of north American operators they probably do seem rather good. Don’t judge Cathay on the basis of one return journey. Give LH, LX, QR, WY, QF and SQ (even though they are falling) a go and then see if you rate BA!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m still thinking about Becky in the bath. Forgotten what this thread is about ;-D

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ouch! Mrs. LP just read my comment and reminded me of the thread with a whack!

LX followed by LH as far as I’m concerned.

Mrs. LP told me to add Qatar or else. To avoid more bruises, QR added as No. 3 on list!

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

In the League 2 that is UK rail travel, East Coast “new” (or “recent”) first class, with complimentary F&B on carriages that aren’t powered, cramped or tilting. Surely it just can’t last though, rail users deserve a much more mediocre service – ref the thread on Virgin ex Euston.

LeTigre
    Participant

If it is train-travel we are to discuss additionally then please add Elipsos to the list. The luxurious train hotel between Paris-Barcelona/Madrid-Italy/Switzerland is extremely convenient, good value for money (remember it is just like a hotel, it has en-suite facilities and takes you to great destinations) and is way better than flying. Generally speaking, the citynightline and euroline sleeper services are also great but not 5 star.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

hahahahah you guys so crack me up big time …lol xxx I think that ad was before my time. What was weird is that i do tend to stick my toe in the tap. I think i will make and exception for you lot (just the once) to reenact that scene as long as you serve me with a glass of Cristal or krug and fresh strawberrys!! :o) xxxx

Rich sorry for getting your nationality wrong. An A380 with a jaccuzi..oooh yes please.. Perhaps BA can rip out the upper deck seats and replace it with a spa and a jaccuzi…bliss 🙂 xxx

VK £38 for bath oil are you crazy??? Stick to flights and I will stick to Radox stress relief only £1 for 500ml give it a try 🙂 xx

Henkel sweetie you are right i shouldnt let Cathy go on 1 trip, I will give them another go. I also want to try ANA and Swiss to they look and sound good. I have a friend going on Eva Air to BKK soon too. xx

Lugano Pirate….lol… oh bless 😉 XXXXXXXXXXX

I some times wonder what ALL you lot would be like if together you all had to own and run your own airline?

Good night fellas and sweet dreams :o) xxx

alexlondon
    Participant

Cathay Pacific are head and shoulders above the competition in First and in regional Business class. Swiss (whilst not the best in long haul business class versus the competition) is consistently excellent in all cabins. They are the only two carriers, in my humble opinion, deserving “five stars.” I would love to nominate BA but don’t feel they have the ambition to be up there. They see their competition as mainstream European carriers and the US Airlines. BA remains my choice carrier when going to the US, and most (not all) European centres, as well as some African countries (taking into account the limited BA network here). Whilst doing well against those comparisons, it does not feature well on a global scale, so three stars from me (four for Club World). Just arrived back from a long Club Europe flight – would have loved a chocolate with my coffee and, may be, an offer of a brandy! That comes as standard with airlines truely aiming at “five stars.”

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls