First OneWorld Alliance lounge under construction in Saoul

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Oneworld have finally bitten the bullet in operating their own lounges.

As some may recall the first one was to Moscow and the lounge was already designed. For obvious reasons that did not proceed.Seoul is an important destination for OW, particularly as it is a Star Alliance (Asiana) and SkyTeam (Korean Air) hub and currently a hub for both. However it can be reasonably assumed that a new oneworld-branded lounge will be superior to the current Star and ST lounge offerings. No real word yet on when it will open though January was mentioned.

OW were rumoured a couple of years back to be considering as many as 10 lounges and there has been considerable speculation as to where ever since. The most probable in my view is the LAX Tom Bradley terminal lounge which is currently a collaboration between Cathay Pacific, British Airways and Qantas who I believe manage it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

UPDATE
    Correction – my above post headline should of course read – SEOUL

1 user thanked author for this post.

christ
    Participant

Well it has to be an improvement from the Asiana lounge i went to when i flew Cathay. I think i was on a 10amish flight and the food was awful and soda machines and cheap orange juice. The space itself was quite large but felt like a McDonalds fighting for tables. The highlight seemed to be the draught beer in huge glasses which i was shocked that so many were drinking at that time of the day!

I have not been since COVID but i quite liked the one world first lounge at LAX and the dining area (I believe it is operated by Qantas).

workandtravel
    Participant

Establishing a Oneworld-branded lounge in Seoul makes sense given the city’s importance as a major travel hub and considering the boom of tourism in the city https://gowithguide.com/blog/seoul-tourism-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5535 with both Star Alliance and SkyTeam having a strong presence there. If Oneworld does open a lounge in Seoul, it could indeed provide a competitive advantage over existing lounges.

FormerBA
    Participant

Just don’t let BA manage any of them!

cwoodward
    Participant

Several media outlets this week confirmed that the lounge will be open 24 hours 7 dAys a week. One even gave a telephone number !

I am not sure what is the source of the latest information -there is no mention on the OneWorld website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls