First Heathrow or Club World London City?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Poster who cannot be named, does the On Air service support anyting other than email access? Is the service robust enough for low res streaming or is it emails only? Previous experience with in flight wifi was very limited bandwidth andnlimied resilience due to the current technology. One reason why I think airlines have waited (bit like 3d tv).

VintageKrug
    Participant

It does slightly depend on how many users are accessing the system; it works very well for email, but you can browse the web and download attachments, though I’ve found this works better after lunch/later in the flight when many people are resting and so there’s more bandwidth available.

It’s a tad pricey (though not overly so), so I wouldn’t use it unless there was a business need.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Don’t forget it’s only 40,000 Avios each way for a CWLCY flight…!

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/cwlcexp/public/en_gb

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Rich, I don’t think you will find it claustrophobic.

The big plus is arriving into JFK as a domestic, means you can book onward connections, meetings, and dinner reservations.

Could do with a morning departure from LCY.

If you like creature comforts in the form of decent lounges, you need to manage expectations.

Bottom line will be proximity to LCY.

As far as in flight service and seat comfort – as long as you avoid row 1, it beats LHR hands down.

My BBM kept me amused, rather than taking charger, take a couple of spare batteries.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’d echo the fact that it depends on your time of travel.

if you take the early BA flights from LHR, then First every time.

I took the 1pm from LCY. With 18 other passengers & no one sitting next to me, it was a joy. The seat / bed is very good & comfy, and I am a tall chap. ‘Shannon shuffle was a breeze’ & all in all it was a great experience.

The journey to Manhattan took over an 75 minutes due to bad traffic, so it was approaching midnight UK time by the time I got to my hotel & I was tired.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls