FIRST CLASS LOUNGE AND SERVICE IN ZRH OR FRA

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

TomasReisinger
    Participant

Hello,can you tell me your experience with ZRH and FRA first class service and lounge. I plan to go to SFO in first class and have to choose if i will fly with LH (maybe CO or UA) or LX to US. What is better? Thank you.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

To begin with the flight experience: LH flies the new A380 to SFO from FRA, with the new First Class.
    The First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, in its own building and car access near the main terminal, is the best Lounge, I have ever experienced: huge selection of space, huge selection of champagne, whiskies (more than 50), drinks and food in an own restaurant area with buffet and a la carte, SPA, shower and bath rooms, beautiful bar, smoking lounge, Merc or Porsche or Touran to plane, own security and passport control.
    LX offers their new FC, suite-like. The offerings in their FC-Lounge in ZRH are similar to LH offerings.

But why dont you just sample both lounges:
    Either
    – you start in ZRH via FRA to SFO and experience both lounges plus LH flight OR
    – you start in FRA via ZRH to SFO and still have both lounges plus LX flight.
    In FRA/ZRH you have access to the respective First Class facilities if you continue same day on a LH or LX flight in FC, even if your sector FRA-ZRH or ZRH-FRA is only in C-Class.
    But that takes more time, of course.

By the way: You CANNOT use the facilities with a UA/CO flight, even if it has an LH/LX flight number, so be aware.

TomasReisinger
    Participant

Thank u millionsofmiles. I will fly from PRG,so that´s 1st thing why i am thinking about ZRH or FRA. And want to use points from SACP and one way will be in first and one in biz,so that´s why i looked for experiences what is better for first. Thank you and have a good day.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Tomas,

so you should take the outbound flight in First, since the return is a night flight and the lounges in the US are worlds apart from the ones here.

So for experiencing a daytime flight offers you more services on board, too.
    Plan ahead with enough time in FRA or ZRH to see the lounge. In FRA, you will arrive from PRG in Terminal 1, so in order to use the FC Terminal and not the FC lounges (its worthwhile!) ask at at First Class checkin in terminal 1, Area A, for a transport to the FCT. A van/bus will pick you up then.
    Best, of course, might be, to check that in advance, so you wont lose time.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Am I not right in thinking if you are flying in F out of FRA there will be a driver and a car waiting for you at the steps of your inbound flight.

I flew LCY-FRA-DXB in C class and there were 2 other pax in the C cabin from LCY both of whom shared a car so I assumed they were travelling onwards in First Class.

TomasReisinger
    Participant

Thank u for your reasons…ok, will be done…PRG-FRA, FRA-SFO in First, SFO-ZRH in biz, ZRH-PRG….thank you and have a good flights:-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls