First 380 flight brought forward

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

Now 24th Sept to LA it appears.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Think Thai also had a new A380 “bus” doing the Bangkok to London shuffle due soon ….but the band stopped playing.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

“Thai spokesperson confirmed the launch delays concerns the wing tips. The A380 fleet is undergoing wing rib feet modifications aimed at solving the aircraft’s wing cracking issue.”…

…….ehh..don’t sound right…the A380s are cracking up…is that what they are suggesting …are they LOOKING to encourage customers?…Typical TG

What they really mean is that they are down $200 Million a year and the new boss has been told “no lose of face”…do summit about it.

Unfortunately they and Government have convinced themselves that Thailand is a HI -SO Customer destination (Hi So meaning only RICH should apply to Visit).

In the meantime some bright spark (good for him)must have mentioned the West is in a bit of a financial quandary which could last few a few years and the expected H-S visitors have done a runner or use cheaper more competitive airlines.

Unfortunately the way they look at it is if there is not enough customers then the answer is to put UP the fares and that will compensate.
    Lets hope the new head honcho is smarter than that..

Bullfrog
    Participant

Will the inaugural A380 flight to LA be a memorable flight to take ?
    Anything special being planned ?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

TG use their A380 where the yield is best, meaning CDG and FRA.
    No hidden agenda.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

I would have been mightily peeved off, if i had bought my ticket for what I thought was going to be BA’s first A380 flight, only to have found it brought forward by a week. What does BA do in such instances?

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

No hidden agenda……tell that to the EU after Op Prism…

Suppose the $200 Million a year bleed is not hidden either….and everyone loves TG

Both wife and I used to be a Gold Card Members and for quite a number of years….but ……ach..Mai Pen R….jao

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@Terry

I still dont get your point. If they need to save 200 mil, why not by deploying their 380 where it brings money?
    And, of course, each touristically oriented country looks for the well suited travellers. So what?

Mai Pen Rai….so? what issues do you have with Thailand?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls