Finnair Unfair Fare Now Fair

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

Please do that CM !!!….I will ask the reception about the note ………..see you then in London after u come back ….

Cheers !

Tim2soza
    Participant

VK must be in the air… Eagerly waiting for a comment!

Potakas
    Participant

hahahaha nice comment Tim2sms

Deleted User
    Participant

It seems my post below contains some incorrect information about the Finnair A330’s and whether or not they all use the new seat. To TominScotland especially, I hope you got the new seats.

“One of the other points about Finnair scheduling I like is the fact that all A330’s are kitted out with the new business class seat. The timetables are clear when the A330 is flown and when the A340 is flown (I know nothing is guaranteed). This enables me to schedule my trips accordingly, not like the new BA First, where there is a dedicated hot line for passengers to check. Before I am screamed at, I know BA is larger than Finnair and I know that more aircraft are coming through with the new F product. But I do like the fact that I am able to know in advance what product I am buying. Spending £1500+ on a product should not be a lottery. As a buyer, I ought to have the right to know EXACTLY what I am buying.”

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello Burchhardt !

I do fully endorse your approach …a frequent traveller ,taking more than 100 flights /year becomes discerning anyway and I know that it makes all the difference in the world ,what type of aircraft you are flying ,especially if you have forked out a big amount of money !

Enjoy the Finnair s A330s ….!

Deleted User
    Participant

I have just experienced another excellent round trip to Asia on Finnair (A330) and wanted to share some of the positives and negatives.

1. I had requested a special meal which was not loaded onto the LHR-HEL. The Purser came over to apologize that it was not mentioned in the booking, but she would see what she could do. I was very surprised to see on the HEL-BKK sector, that her efforts resulted in a delicious special order meal being loaded.

2. Helsinki lounge, whilst nowhere near as glamorous as the T5 complex, is extremely functional and comfortable. So much so, that I again nearly missed my flight. I know lounges are meant to be a haven of peace and tranquillity, but I think there is a need for a “last call” announcement or far more screens showing flight status

3. The HEL-BKK was an afternoon departure so the bright lights issue from previous Finnair night flights was not so much of an issue

4. The BKK-HEL sector, the lights were dimmed a lot quicker, which was excellent as I was asleep for around 7 hours of the 10 hour+ flight

5. Checking in at BKK, again no special food order in the system. Finnair though still managed to arrange a special meal order within 2 hours. However, they could not assume responsibility for the final HEL-LHR which was on BA

6. The Helsinki transfer to the BA flight took all of 40 minutes. The previous problem with the duty free/liquid check coming off the non-European flight appeared not to be an issue because all liquids being carried were allowed through. I didn’t bother to look surprised.

7. At the BA gate, I was stopped as staff wanted to make sure my 2 checked bags had been transferred. I know Helsinki is a smaller airport, I know there are not as many airlines at Helsinki; I know it was early in the morning, but 40 minutes, is fast – if only that could be replicated at other international hubs and airports

8. I still can’t come to terms with the fact that a 3 hour BA sector in Club, offers only hot, greasy and totally unappetising, bacon, egg and the works breakfast. Good for those that like that sort of food, but lousy for those a little more health conscious. The equivalent Finnair sector would have had a wider choice. It was a good job that I had bought my own breakfast, courtesy of the previous Finnair sector

9. Good show to the BA crew though, who kindly shared fresh fruit that was on their crew plates? Many thanks for that – appreciated

10. The HEL-LHR sector ended up parking at a remote T1 stand and being bussed into T3. Bags were already on the carousel when I got to the arrivals hall.

11. A quick trip back to the Renaissance to collect my car and from landing to getting into my office in Reading, took all of 90 minutes, that’s

• Remote stand, bussed in

• Collecting 2 checked bags

• Bus to hotel car park

• M4 to reading

Now that’s not a bad way to start a Thursday morning.

All in all, I am still very happy to use Finnair via Helsinki to the Far East. The cost savings over BA makes it a big incentive. However, even considering the stopover in Helsinki, the additional time, does not really amount to much. Excellent service – will use again.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hey Burchhardt !

Happy for you !..that s indeed great !..and great to have you back in London !….

Cheers !

Deleted User
    Participant

Hey Karim, thanks again for the help with the hotel.

Charles (is my first name)!!!

stevescoots
    Participant

I flew Fin 2 or 3 years back on a DC 10 to HK or maybe CAN, I dont remember. Even tho the DC was avery old plane about to be retired i couldnt fault the service or the food. They had a special rate on at the time for business class of around 1800 GPB. If they could beat the QR prices I pay I would have no problem flying them again, except they now stop at BKK

KSHaggag
    Participant

The new AY A330 is clearly bearing a better product ..oh yes ,they used to operate an MD11 ( newer version of the older DC10) …they still fly nonstop from HEL to Hong Kong ,however they deploy the older A340 on the HK route ….Canton was axed 18months ago ,if I am not mistaken …BKK ,Seoul and Delhi (sometimes ) have the privilege of being serviced with a new A330-300 ….

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Charles,

Really good to hear. I’ve been singing AY’s praises on here for several years and it’s refreshing now to read other people’s positive posts.

All the best, Simon

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls