Finnair – Offer Template

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

Finnair has a nice online tool and you can calculate with this offers for your business.

http://www.askforanoffer.finnair.com/

Regards

Potakas

Deleted User
    Participant

Hello Potakas, I was trying to use this tool but failed miserably. I know it provides discounts for multiple use. Were you successfull in using it and has it saved you money?

Regards

Potakas
    Participant

I have never bought this product, i have just used it on the internet in order to understand what kind of discount they offer.

Their discount in generally is 2% on economy fares and 10% on business class fares if you are planing to fly between 2 to 6 flights per year.
    If you are about to have 7-9 flights per year they offer 4% on economy and 12% on business.

For more than 9 flights they will offer you 6% on economy and 15% on Business class.

Then you have to go to the next step.

Where they say : ”In order to take advantage of the savings available, we highly recommend you to join the Finnair Corporate Programme.”

I didn’t find anything more.. I think you should contact Finnair Corporate Programme and everything will become easier for you.

CMB i actually posted that for you as you said that you are planning to move your business flights there. Enjoy them !!

Regards

Deleted User
    Participant

Thanks I appreciate it. I was rather hoping that somebody would try to provide a reason to stick with BA, but the price differentials are far too high to ignore and with the products nearly similar, certainly not £2000+ apart, Finnair has to be the option. i will speak to Finnair Corporate and report back what they say.

If only BA were competative.

Thanks Potakas, appreciate it.

Potakas
    Participant

CMB,

I don’t believe that anyone can provide any logical reason to stick with BA, your decision is by far the best i think, the only disadvantage with Finnair is the stop at Helsink, less miles and that you will not have fully flat beds, but you will earn 50% more tier points (which for me are more important), the stop at Helsinki has the Spa lounge and i can sleep on a lie flat bed in order to earn 2000 pounds (maybe you could spend 500 more and stay on a better Hotel or a better room).

Also i sticked with BA for the same criteria , i am flighting to Greece regularly (from Edinburgh), the Economy return is always more expensive with BA, but many times i don’t know my return date and i have to pay for an oneway ticket, which with BA is the cheapest on the route, also the Club Europe ticket with BA is about 50% cheaper than the Business ticket from Lufthansa or KLM (return trip), also i am having my stop at T5 which is excellent. Executive club is very rewarding and for members with residency on continental Europe (like me) is more easier.

Regards

Deleted User
    Participant

Hi Potakas,

Just to clarify a couple of things:

1. the transit/stop in Helsinki is less than 1 hour this time (I guess I iwll be annoyed if my check in bag isnt transfered!)

2. The seats/beds on the A330 are as flat as those in CW. If travelling on the A340. they remain angled.

3. The Tier points are interesting, I have only just realised that you earn more Tier points using this route, BUT, you are right in that I do not get the BA Gold bonus mileage (if I should, please someone let me know)

Whilst I am a very loyal supporter of BA, I would consider my self a cost conscious supporter. None of the other more loyal BA fans could come up with any reason, logical or otherwise, fo me to give my busienss to BA. Either they can get the same ticket from BA for less than £1900, which if its the case, pelase let us all know, or perhaps its easier to let the business pay!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls