Finnair – do not believe the easy route to Asia

Back to Forum
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

• 1nfrequent
    Participant

I just did a trip to Helsinki (using BA) and although there were a couple of missteps overall I was pretty impressed with the airport set up and definitely don’t think it’s anything like a 3rd world airport.

On my way in, the plane hadn’t been lined up with the airbridge so we all had to sit back down to get it shifted forward (not a problem and the staff at the gate were very apologetic as people got off). Bags were off within 20 minutes of getting off the plane and although mine were some of the last out I am putting that down to BA rather than HEL.

On my way back to LHR I was through security in 3 minutes where the staff were helpful and polite (a Japanese family in front of me had mistakenly left a small bottle of hand cream in their bag – the staff were professional in drawing their attention to it, examining it and then politely sent them on their way with a reminder to be careful about taking out liquids in future), passport control used e-gates and again no queues there. There was a decent array of shops in the airport and staff were friendly without being pushy. We had to bus out to the plane and there was a short wait as the plane was still refuelling when we got there but again not a real drama and we ended up leaving 10 minutes ahead of schedule.

I’m doing my first AY trip to the Far East next month and am hugely looking forward to it – not least because my fare was less than £1300 (about 1200 cheaper than the BA fare!).

1F

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller February 2023 edition
Business Traveller February 2023 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls