Final Day: BA exEU Club World Sale Ends Midnight Tuesday

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some very good exEU prices for flights until 1 September, particularly advantageous given the recent weakness in the Euro (1.23 euro to £1 today).

Those former BA shareholders eligible can take advantage of a further 10% off fares.

Some good fares from Milan, and frequent connecting flights make this a good starting point, and also handy for the shops:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/business-class-sale/public/en_it

Cairo is the lowest price at €1029, and Toronto a rare bargain at €1291. You can vary your country of purchase to try fares from different starting points.

Sale fares on BA metal can be upgraded with Avios.

Interesting to see Honolulu explicitly mentioned for the first time, I assume taking advantage of the AA codeshares; could this signal increasing demand to this location……? 😉

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

In the interests of balance, there are also some good deals via consolidators at the moment, e.g. ex LHR and LGW

CAI (KLM, LH, OS) GBP948-977 (EUR1172-1207), (LX) GBP1006 (EUR1243)

YYZ (Air Transat) GBP1102 (EUR1361)

Obviously there is no add on to the above to get ‘ex UK’, so prices are in line with the BA sale.

Travellator
    Participant

No sign yet of any UK sale though !

Senator
    Participant

I understand that KLM/AF/AZ matched some of this from certain markets, but I have not had a chance to look for this. I have completely stopped using SkyTeam as I am not big on AF in combination with CDG. However, I had a rather pleasant journey to CUR last August on KLM, and it made me feel like trying again. I even read a nice review of the latest AZ offer on the A330, and it made me want to try AZ. Just hard to get to Rome (FCO) from ARN for a trip.

I posted this last week:
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-5-day-sales-exARN-GOT-in-CW

I am so keen on taking advantage of an open-jaw LAX and SFO, but my summer holiday plans are slipping away as I have taken a new assignment which will require my full attention during the summer.

Bargains to be had for sure, wish I could take advantage

Senator
    Participant

Just picked up what must be the bargain of the month from a tip from another forum:

Luxembourg to Honolulu, the base fare is €1690 return, book before the end of the day. AA flies to HNL from LAX, DFW, or ORD so those are your connecting cities..

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some very good deals exLUX as ever.

UK sale must be teasingly imminent…..

Senator
    Participant

Hi,

I went into ExpertFlyer and copied down the fare details:
    Fare basis: I0SALE
    Airline: BA
    Booking class: I
    Round-Trip fare: 1690.00(EUR)
    Min stay: Saturday evening
    Max stay: 3Mts
    Stopover: No
    Transfers: 2 in Europe, 2 in North America
    NON-REFUNDABLE
    CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 300.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION

Interestingly, the American Airlines is showing the following fare:
    Fare basis: I0SALE
    Airline: AA
    Booking class: I
    Round-Trip fare: 1334.00(EUR)

I have tried a phantom booking on ITA Matrix and a combination of BA and AA is €1765 including fuel and taxes. The fares are structured differently between AA and BA, but there is less than €100 difference between the LAX and HNL fares. So absolutely a bargain that I wish I could take advantage of.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Even better prices ex Germany:

link: http://www.vornesitzen.de (just click away the overlaid ad)

copied samples:

Destination Flugpreis p.P.
    Johannesburg, Kapstadt € 1.649,-
    Dubai € 1.359,-
    Delhi € 1.599,-
    Mumbai € 1.559,-
    Miami, New York, Boston € 1.559,-
    Orlando € 1.539,-
    San Francisco, Denver, Los Angeles € 1.819,-
    Peking € 1.849,-

With the € that low, these prices are a steal!

kenpank
    Participant

Thanks for the info on this sale especially starting from Rome. Was able to book Rome to San Francisco for euro 1613. Now just need to wait for my status match to come through courtesy of BMI to be able to book the transatlantic seats.

VintageKrug
    Participant

No problem; sorry I didn’t post it earlier Senator but was having a rather special Jubilee Weekend.

There should be an exUK sale along momentarily….and it will be interesting if that features HNL also.

MaxxLewis
    Participant

ExUK sale fares already loaded, it seems. LHR – BKK £1299 and LHR – PEK £1899 in July!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls